Chapter 40: Black Serpent Sea

From the history of the Serpent Sea, according to the people's ancestors, the Demon God 2000 years ago created a serpent, but not a normal serpent, a giant serpent and placed it on the sea, when the hero Xephyr saw the serpent, he named it Leviathan, people don't know why he named it Leviathan.

Now from 2000 years, the Serpent of the sea Leviathan slept, but due to the Demon Lords seeking revenge, they've awoken Leviathan and now monsters appeared on the waters.

"It's black" I muttered, I saw the waves of black water on the sea, Its like water polluted with oil back on earth.

Currently mages from the adventurers guild are putting up a barrier between the sea and the town, there are no signs of monsters here so It's fine, the knight guarding told us that monsters came ashore but they quickly repelled it.

We walk through the sand and to the water, the water is black, as black as oil, I touched the water and It's cold, It's below 0 degrees, what the hell.

>Cold Resistance (Lv.1) Skill Acquired.

The log showed up, but I ignored it, I appraised the water, let's see if I can appraise the water.

[Black Serpent Sea - S rank Curse]

I was dumbfounded, cursed? Who cursed this waters?!

"The water is cursed." I said to the girls, the water should be below freezing point, It's even colder than the coldest winter on earth I guess, but the water is the only one cold and the surrounding environment is normal.

The girls were dumbfounded, they though that I was joking and Leena tried touching it, but I immediately stopped her, I'm too late, the water touched the tip of her index finger, resulting her finger experiencing frostbite, the ice slowly climbed on her finger, It's black ice, I immediately use fire magic to heat the ice, eventually It melted.

She looked tensed, she said that her whole hand became numb, Megumi applied healing magic, and the numbness fades she said.

This is bad, people might get injured here, I should inform Simon about this.

I got back where the guards and adventurers, I informed them not to go to the sea, and explained to them the curse, they're all shocked and nodded, the knight who looked like a captain shouted, "All right! No one will approach or touch the water! If you want to meet God then you should all go to the water!" he gave a intimidating shout and all the people there shivered. The captain thanked me and we go back to the mansion of Simon.

Simon was not there, so we decided to wait, the twins and Rin are all in the garden, they're still playing with Blanche and the maids are standing in the side watching them.

We sat down at the pavilion while waiting for Simon, for 1 hour we waited and no sign of him. So bored, hmm, maybe I'll experiment on some dishes, I'm craving to try some hamburger, and maybe just the steak.

Since the market is closed due to the problem of the town, since I've got enough ingredients I asked the same maid to borrow the kitchen she nodded without hesitation.

I took out some beef and using my ultra fast chopping skills, hehe, I chopped and minced the beef, since this world doesn't have any meat grinder I had to use the manual way.

The same maid who came with me in the kitchen, her name is Mary, I forgot to ask her earlier about her name, she was astonished because of the speed of my hand chopping and mincing.

After I've done mincing the beef into ground beef I put seasonings and kneaded them, and made them into patty shapes.

I opened the magic stove, and put on the frying pan, I put the Yellow Fruit Oil and fry the patties.

The aroma has spread throughout the mansion, Mary who is besides me drools uncontrollably when I saw her she quickly wipes and turns her head with a red face.

I cooked many Hamburg Steak, the girls outside smelled the aroma and quickly looked inside, they saw me cooking and all of them drooled.

After that I finished and served the Hamburg Steak, all of them have an hungry expressions, drools came out of their mouths, especially Rem and Megumi, they were screaming Hamburg Steak all over and over again, when they asked why I know how to cook this when in this world there are no kinds of dish like this. I said I learned them from a friend, they bought it, I can't disclose that I'm from earth, so maybe when the time is right.

Simon came back and was very hungry, when the aroma of the steak reached his nostrils his urge to eat became high and can't think anymore.

"W-what is that smell?!" He ask Mary, then Mary with a satisfied face said, "It's Sir Lancelot's cooking my lord." then she bowed down, she tasted the Hamburg steak that Azazel cooked and naturally she's satisfied.

Simon stormed into the house and found Azazel still cooking, "A-Azazel! W-what is that?!" Simon asked in a trembling voice, his face shows that he's too hungry, I gave him a plate of Hamburg steak, "Here, eat while it's still hot." His face shows a delighted expression at the same time an excited face, he grabbed the plate and came running to the dining hall, all the girls are there including his wife and his child.

Honestly I was smiling while cooking, getting my dishes appreciated is the greatest thing ever, after we all finished what we are doing Simon invited me in his drawing room and we discussed the situation, Leena and Alice are with me of course.

"So what did you find at the sea?" Simon asked while looking at me seriously, "By the looks of it, the sea is unapproachable, going there is the same as dying, currently the water is cursed by the Demon Lord, the sea is now called Black Serpent Sea, is the water is below freezing level that if your skin touches even a bit frostbite will go through your body." I explained to him

He was surprised, surely he ordered that no one should go near the sea, his decision was right after all.

"Umu, is that so? It's more dangerous than I thought, I ordered the citizens to evacuate anyone who is close at the sea, now what we are waiting is the attack, since we cannot go there we should wait for the enemy to approach first." He said while rubbing his chin, that's a good plan, because it's obvious that we are at the disadvantage side, we cannot fight in the waters and the water is freezing water also.

"Then we should wait for the attack then, that's good, well the matter now is the citizens." I said, for 2 hours we discussed and give each other ideas, after that we finished our discussions, Simon however was requesting the Hamburg steak again, his face was drooling, for a noble to act like that is out of etiquette.

We got back at the Inn and have our rest, then tomorrow we will see the problem again.

I slept like a log, then in the morning I was awoken by the sound of screaming outside.

I got down and asked what happened, the Inn owner answered in a trembling voice, "T-the Sea Serpent! I-It resurfaced again!" He said.

He resurfaced?!