Chapter 26: Cooking Skill Lvl 10

Its been five hours since we left Garyou Town to go to Hegerin Kingdom

Me, i'm driving the carriage, while Leena was asleep inside, and Alice was beside me in the driver seat.

We were chatting about the Hegerin kingdom, and the current situation of the Kingdom, according to the letter Alice received, they completely repelled the attack, but they did not kill many demons, so there is a chance that those surviving demons will attack again, so his father, the king, proposed an idea, a Hero Summoning, a summoning from the Spirit World, they will call upon number of people and seek help from them, it's the same as Xephyr, the previous hero.

We can't see the Garyou Town anymore, there were a few merchant carriage passing through this road, other than the road is long., there were hostile magical beasts, monsters, and sometimes demons attack the carriages, usually magical beasts, or magic beasts do not attack the carriages, but other races of magic beasts are hostile because of their nature and will attack those who pass through their territories.

We spent another 2 hours worth of traveling, Leena woke up and is cutely yawning, then her stomach growled, when she saw both Azazel and Alice giggling while looking at her, she felt embarrassed and her face became red.

[All right, let's have lunch, i think there is a small stream there in the forest, lets get some water there,](Azazel)

The two nodded, actually i had my [Navigation} skill on while driving so that we would not get lost, the wind was blowing where my desired destination would be. Like the certain pirate movie who have a compass that points the direction of what you desire.

I activated it again and threw my attention on finding a water source, then the wind blew at south east direction, in the forest there is a stream, so we decided to camp and make lunch.

Since it's in the afternoon, i guess the time would be 3 PM in the afternoon, hmm what should i make for lunch? All i have is dried meat, some rabbit meat, spices, and bread.

Let's make grilled rabbit meat then, since it's my first time cooking, i don't know if i can succeed.

I asked Leena to gather water to the stream, then asked Alice to set the white cloth on the ground so that we can eat while sitting on the ground, while me i was setting a temporary bonfire, where i could roast the meat.

I took out the two rabbit meat, then some vegetable and spices.

When Leena came back she was carrying two buckets of water, since she was a princess she was not used to this kind of work, i asked her to rest first.

Then i clean the rabbit, chop the vegetables and rub salt and pepper on the rabbit, since i haven't found paprika and olive oil, i found a substitute its called Spicy Leaf, if crushed it would taste like paprika, and the so called Yellow Fruit, it's a round yellow fruit but if you squeezed it real hard the oil would drip out, it taste like olive oil, so i bought them at the market at Garyou Town when we were shopping necessities.

I rub the Spicy Leaf powder and the Yellow fruit oil on the rabbit and put it on a long stick and slowly rotate it under the fire.

I just noticed, but while i was rotating the stick, the log rose up and something is written,

>Cooking Skill (Lvl. 10) Is active.
>Cooking in progress...

>Will finish in 20 minutes...

>Anything cooked by the user will produce high quality dish.

Wait, what the hell? Ah right, my level in cooking is maxed.

After some time, the fragrance of the spices and the rabbit being slowly cooked has spread out, Alice and Leena who have been resting has tempted to look at where the fragrance is coming from, and they saw Azazel cooking the rabbit, their eyes was sparkling and drooling because they saw the rabbit being cooked and the fragrance is so good.

[It smells good, and looks delicious too!](Leena)

[I haven't smelled something like this even if i am a princess and the food at the castle is always high quality, nothing compares to this even if its only rabbit meat.](Alice)

The two of them were chatting while wiping the drool on their mouths.

Azazel saw the log and it says that it is cooked, then he took out plates, spoons and forks, this was all wooden because silver wares are for nobles and royalties only, they didn't sell any in the market.

I take out the bread, and put the rabbit meat on the large plate and garnish it with some herbs.

[Okay eat up before it gets cold](Azazel)

[Certainly! This looks delicious! I haven't eaten anything you cook you know?](Leena)

[Even the royal cooks in the castle will bow down to you if they smell something like this!](Alice)

[You two are exaggerating, anyway lets eat up.](Azazel)

They started too eat, after their first bite, they felt as if the heavens has lifted them up, it seems like it was cooked by a divine being.

[Soooo~ Goooood~](Leena)

[Its so delicious!~](Alice)

They were praising my cooking, while i was surprised, so this is a level 10 cook can do?

I felt warm, i felt happiness because in my past life, or rather on earth, no one appreciated me, even my parents told me i was good for nothing, so seeing this two girls praising on what i can do, its so heartwarming, i wanna cry!

Seeing how peaceful our lives in this moment, i want to shout "Slice of Life! On!" something like that.

After eating i used [Wash] skill to wash the plates and [Dry] skill to dry it of course.

Then we set out again on out journey, the two of them are still in bliss, still drooling while licking their lips, their face red.

[Hey Azazel, cook for dinner too!](Alice)

Alice broke the ice and asked me to cook dinner, then Leena's eyes lit up and suddenly charged behind Azazel and hugged him from behind, because the carriage have a sliding door between the inside and the drivers seat, we constantly have it open.

[Uwahhh! Azazel cook for dinner i'm begging you! I want to eat your divine cooking!](Leena)

Having no choice i sighed

[All right, i'll cook, since you're both princesses you can't cook right? So i'll be the one cooking.](Azazel)

Their faces stiffen from hearing they can't cook, it's true because princesses are not allowed to go inside the kitchen when the royal cooks are cooking, same goes for Leena but she's different, the elves do not want to see her doing trivial work so she didn't have much choice but give up on cooking.

Seeing Azazel agree Leena's hug tightens, and Alice hugged his right arm,

Well this is not bad at all, a slow peaceful life in another world.

But then i heard thunders, i saw black clouds approaching, hah it's gonna rain damnit, i thought it's peaceful life! And it's gonna rain! Give me a break!

Then the rain began dropping.