She turned her attention to the saber, who now had a slice on his upper thigh.
He snarled viciously, the other two sabers behind him.
The man spoke, with a deep and intimidating voice. "Get out! What have I taught You'se about hunting humans!?" He growled. The sabers seemed to hesitate, before almost looking apologetically at the man.

"Shoe." He said, softer and more gentle now, all the intimidation gone from his tone, but he still sounded frustrated.
The sabers turned tail and ran back the way they came.
The man turned around now, from his face I guessed he was about twenty.
He had a  scar starting from the right end of his forehead, extending just past his right brow. His skin was an olive colour, and his eyes were a weird light blue.

"You alright?" He asked. Anger burned in my chest. I knew what guys were like around here, he'd keep showing off how 'strong' he is! And how weak I am!

I frowned, and clearly to his surprise, I pushed him back, using a lot of strength and energy to do so. "I had it under control!" I hissed. The mans eyes lit with first surprise then amusement.
"Did you now?" He asked.
"If you think you can jump into any situation you want you can't! I can take care of myself." I said.

"I don't doubt that." He said. The words made my eyebrows shoot up in surprise. I thought I'd never hear a guy say that. Well, besides father, he believed in me more than most.
"I know why you helped me." I said angrily. "Why?" He asked.
"So you can show off to your people how strong you are, and how defenseless I am." I growled.

The man shook his head slightly amused. "No, no. I'm not from a tribe or village or anything, I live on my own out here in the forest. That means I don't go by the rules." He said. I frowned at him.
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"It means I'm not sexist." He answered simply.

"So, why did help me?" I asked, raising an eyebrow, looking slightly amused myself.
"Pfft look at you!" He spread his arms out, gesturing at all of me.
My amused smile, turned into an angry frown.
"What about me?"
"Your holding a bow for starters, and your wearing closed off shoes, and aim with that bow of yours was incredible back there. And your covered in blood and your still managing to put up a fight." He said amused.
My face dropped slightly. "Any guy could do that." I said, turning my back towards him, and walking slowly toward a small puddle of water.
"I can't do that." He said.

I paused for a second. I can't do that.
He just admitted me, a girl, could do things he can't. Am I dreaming? Or am I dead?

I noticed a completely round and smooth black rock in the puddle, so I decided to pick it up and inspect it.
"Who are you?" I asked.
"What's my name?"
"Yeah. I'm Lian" I replied.
"Why do you wanna know?" He asked.

I turned around towards him. "I'm not sure." I replied honestly.
"You need to earn it first, life isn't all easy." He said. I rolled my eyes.
"Where do you live anyways?" I asked, looking up from the pebble in my hand.
"Up there." He lifted his head up and looked high up in the trees.

I took a step back to get a better view.
"A tree house?" I asked. "Sweet."
Now that I looked up, I noticed it was sunset, I'd better be back home soon.
I started walking back the way I came, still holding onto the pebble.
"Where are you going?" The guy asked.
"Back home, where else." I said like it was obvious.

"You sure you know the way?" He asked.
I crossed me arms and looked at him.
"Who do you think I am. Of course I know the way." I said stubbornly. I looked back the way I came. I had been so caught up running, I didn't even notice I got myself lost. I didn't recognize any of this place. I had never went so deep into the forest before.

I turned back to look at his amused face.
"Fine. Take me back, but I could still do it if you won't here." I frowned stubbornly. "I know." He said, walking ahead of me.

🐉

After an hour an a half or so, of walking through the forest that was all unknown to me, I saw a light. That was the camp fire from my village! They always had one in the center of the village when it was dark. I smiled at the little cozy village. It was so small from up on the tall hill I stood on.

"That's your village right?" The man asked. "Yeah, how'd you know?" I asked.
"I always sit up on that tree and watch your little village." He chuckled.
"Like a spy?" I asked, raising an accusing brow. "Maybe." He grinned. I punched his arm and he pulled it back painfully.
"Ouch!"
"That's for spying on me." I grinned, walking down the steep hill. When I got half way, he called down. "Lian!"
I sighed and turned around to look up at him.

"Meet me at this time in my tree house tomorrow." He said. I raised an eyebrow at him. After a second of thinking I replied. "Fine."

Turning around to keep walking, he called down again. "The names Axel." He said. Without turning back around, I smiled. "Axel." I repeated.

🐉

As I walked through my sleepy little village, I pulled out Oak from my pocket.
"Never been happier to be home." I said, smiling at him.
I reached my house, and without knocking I entered. My parents were asleep on the table. I quietly creped into my room, and closed the door.
My mouth dropped at the sight of the room. Things were turned upsidedown and torn, and a little black crow stood on my bed post with a piece of my pillow in his mouth.

I jumped onto my bed and put out my hand. "Give me that." I ordered. The crow puffed up his feathers and squawked warningly at my hand. I rolled my eyes and lay down on my back. "I'm gonna call you Cranky." I huffed.

The crow ruffled his feathers and flapped his wings to get comfortable.

Soon enough we were both fast asleep.

/22/Feb/2019/
/@BlueWhiskers1/
/Dragon Age/
/Chapter 4/
/1725 words/