Chapter 28

Avery's Pov: I get a text from Scotty m-me s-scotty

s- Hey do you want to go to a race tonight I'll come and pick you up. 

m- sure (address) 

s- thank you be there 5 minutes

m- okay and your welcome

I put on my shoes and walk in the kitchen. Can I go to a race tonight I say. Yeah be careful says my mom. Thank you I say. Your welcome says my mom. I hear a knock and run down the stairs. I open the door and see Scotty. Bye mom I say. Bye have fun says my mom. I close the door and scotty says let's go have some fun. We walk to Scotty's car and hop in. He hops in as well and says was that your mom. Yeah I say. 

She seems pretty nice says Scotty. Yeah she is I say. Have you been to a street race says Scotty. No I haven't I say. I think you will like it says Scotty. Okay I say as I see a whole bunch of cars and people. I see Maddy, Mel, Cael, and Matt. I hop out and walk over to them. Avery says Maddy. What up I say. Came to watch the show says Maddy. Same says Scotty. 

Cael's pov: Mel and I see Scotty pull up. I see Avery hop out and Scotty closes the door. Maddy and Avery start talking. Mel had her head rested against my shoulder. Are you tired says Scotty as he looks down at Mel. No Cael is just my human pillow says Mel. We all laugh and Scotty says Cael at least your useful for someone. We all laugh and I say yeah. I feel lights on me and I feel Mel barry her head in my chest. 

I look down and Scotty says those are some really fucking bright lights. Yeah, no kidding I say. I close my eyes and think those have to be LED lights. I open my eyes and look up. I see a red lamborghini Reventon right in front of mine. How and the hell is this says Scotty. I see the people hope out and I never thought that I would see them pull up in that. Oh guys look somebody is trying to be cool says Scotty. 

We all laugh and Braxton says I can beat all your cars and your shit adventador as he looks at me. No you can't says Mel. What did you say says Braxton. Your losing says Mel as she walks up at braxton. How told you says Braxton. I see him have his fist clenched and I keep my eyes on him.  I know says Mel. Okay let's race in 5 minutes, you drive Cael's car says Braxton. Okay says Mel. Braxton leaves. 

Mel's Pov: Are you serious says Matt and Scotty at the same time. I walk over to Caels car and open the door. It's a 5 speed were good I say. Are you going to win says Logan. yeah did you guys not pay attention his is a standard it stops really quick and good. 5 speed you press the clutch in and then the break  and then they slow down I say. Okay says Logan. Boo what lamborghini was that I say looking at Cael.

 Reveton says Cael as he walks over to me. Be careful says Cael as he looks down at me. Will do I say. I hop in and Cael bends down and says your positive that you are going to win. Yeah, all that matters is the person behind the wheel I say. Okay says Cael. He closes the door and I go to the starting line. I see a girl and she yells ready and points to Braxton. He reves his engine. Steady says the girl and I reve my engine. 

She puts her hands down and I shift into 1st gear. I take off and shift down into 2nd and catching up to braxton. I shift again and pass Braxton. I shift again and think fucker. I hit the finish line and I slow down. I turn and go over to the group. I park Cael's car and hop out. You did it they all yell and Cael runs over. He picks me up and spins me around. He sets me down and says you did amazing. 

I see Braxton come over and he says you know I wouldn't win and you cheated. Cheated that's funny because a real racer knows it isn't about how fast the car is. It's about how is behind the wheel I say. Keep telling yourself that says Braxton as he walks away. Braxton I say. He looks at me and says what. The diffence between my car and your car. Your car is a piece of shit well my car is a beast I say. 

He hops in his car and everyone behind me cheers me on. I look at Cael and he smiles. It's 8:10 we have to go. Okay, well see you guys later says Cael. Bye they all say and I hop in the car.