chapter 35

Cael's pov: I heard Kaitlyn talking about me. You might as well say it or leave I say looking at Kaitlyn. Are you fucking serious says Kaitlyn. Yes, you know I'm getting tired of you talking shit about me. I don't talk shit about you or anyone in this group. You seem to sit here and pound Mel for liking me I say. You are a dick you know that. You think your the shit because you own this house, you own a Lamborghini, you wear nice clothes and everything else.

 You think your life is perfect and you are sure think your the shit says Kaitlyn. Okay, my life ain't perfect. I lost my brother 4 years ago.  I went anorexia and almost died. I worked my ass off for that Lamborghini that is in the driveway. I pay of it every month. The only time I get help is when I'm tight on money. Probably unlike you don't pay for the car. You don't pay for your gas, the car insurance, anything at all. 

You need to leave, I don't like how you come into my house and treat me like shit I say. Kaitlyn looks at me and says okay. She leaves and Logan follows her. I look around and see everyone shocked. I close my eyes and think I wish I would have never said anything. I feel someone wrap their arms around and I open my eyes and see Mel. I hug her back and scotty says dude that was amazing. 

We all laugh and Mel pulls away. What are we going to do says Matt. Whatever I say. Let's watch a movie says Scotty. Okay says Avery. I'm in says Matt. Same says Maddy. I look at Mel and she nods her head yes. We walk in the theather room and I say what movie. Bummblebee says Scotty. Everyone else agrees and I go grab the movie. I go and put it in. I start the projector and it starts to load.

I see Mel come up and she says can we do popcorn. Yeah, let's go do that now I say. I grab her hand and we walk out in the kitchen. I see my dad at the counter. My dad looks at Mel and I. Are you guys hanging out with friends says my dad. Yeah, were just making popcorn since we all decided to watch a movie I say. Sounds good, Waiting on your mother to get home and then me and her will be out of here says my dad. 

Okay I say as I grab the popcorn popper. Cael what's going on says my dad. I look up at my dad and say Kaitlyn came over and she was being mean. She thinks my life is perfect because of the house, the lamborghini, the clothes I wear. Life isn't easy it's an everyday challenge I say looking at my dad. It is says my dad. I get the popcorn going. I see my mom get home and she says hey. hey says Mel. 

Mel, Tony and I talked it over and everything. We want you to come to florida with us for thanksgiving and we will come over to your house and have dinner there says Jancie. Okay says Mel. The popcorn gets done and my dad says how many people are here. Matt, Maddy, Scotty, Avery I say. divide it into 3 bowls and just have you and mel share, then the other 4 people says my dad. Okay I say. 

Mel helps and my dad says have fun. Always says Mel. We go to the room.  I hand popcorn to Scotty and Avery. I press play and Mel sits in a seat. I sit down by her and she lays her head on my shoulder. I wrap my arm around her. The movie starts to play. 

..........

I see Mel move her head and she moves down and lays her head on my lap. I look down at her and she was looking at me. What I say. Nothing says Mel as she turns her head to look at the screen. I shake my head and say something. Mel laughs and she grabs my hand. I intertwine my hand with hers. 

........

The movie gets over and Matt says that was fucking awesome. We all laugh and Mel moves. she sits up and scotty says Cael. I get up and walk over to him and say yeah. We should go roast marshmellos if you have any. Yeah says Avery. I have some I say. let's do it says Maddy. Okay I say. We all walk down the stairs and put the bowls in the sink. I walk to the pantry and see the marshmellos. 

 I grab them and open the bag. I grab a marshmello and say matt here you go. I throw the marhmello and he cathes it. He looks down and says your a smartass. We all laugh and we walk outside. I start to the fire and run back inside. I go to my room and grab 3 blankets. I walk down the stairs and grab the marshello sticks. I walk outside and hand them all a marshello stick. I hand the girls their blankets. 

I wrap the blanket around Mel. I sit down and Mel scoots over really close to me and she rests her head on my chest.