chapter 24

Cael's Pov: I wake up and look at my phone it was 6 o'clock. I get up and change into an outfit. I put on my shoes and walk to the bathroom. I do my hair and brush my teeth. I walk to my room and grab my backpack and phone. I walk down stairs and walk in the kitchen. I sit down and I see my dad come down the stairs. How was your date kiddo says my dad. It was great. We were laughing and having a blast. 

Took her bowling then after went to go get a drink. Mel seen the treats in the back and grabbed a licorice rope and started hitting me with it. Then we went to Shopko. She grabbed a pillow and turned around and fell. We both laughed and then I helped her up and I picked up the pillow and hit her with it. she picked it up and threw it at me. She missed and broke something. We both ran out of the store and hopped in the truck laughing. 

Then you know those close up mirror. We died of laughing I say. My dad nods and says I'm glad you guys had fun. I look at my phone and it was 6:20. I look at the date and it says November 5. I take a deep breathe and say it's been 4 years and I miss him. My dad pulls out his phone and says wow. I see my mom and she walks over to me. I look at my mom and hug her. She hugs me back and says I will take it as you didn't sleep to well. 

I slept fine, just woke up early I say. My mom pulls away and says today will be a good day. I nod and say okay. My mom walks in the kitchen and I hear my phone go off. I unlock my phone and see that Mel text me. 

Mel- Will you come and get me please my brother is being an ass. 

Me- Yeah be there in 5 

I'm going to go get mel, her brother is being a jerk I say. Have a good day and be careful driving says my mom. Will do I say. Cael says my dad. Yeah I say. If you can't last today at school, if you can't in the morning please come home It's going to be easier says my dad. Okay I say and walk out the front door. I hop in my car and drive to Mels. I get to her house and see her walk out. I see her brother walking right after her. 

I hop out and Mel says let's go. She opens the door and I see her brother grab her. Will you leave her alone I say. He looks at me and says get out of here. I wasn't up to fighting and I didn't feel like arguing. Please I say and her brother stares at me. He let's go and walks away. Mel hops in and I hop in as well. Are you okay says Mel. No, today is the day my brother died I'm struggling and I can feel it I say. 

.....

We get to the school and walk in. Mel grabs my hand and I see Maddy talking to Matt, Kaitlyn talking to Logan, and Avery talking to Scotty. We walk over to them and Scotty says Cael, are you okay. Yeah, I'm tired I didn't sleep that good I say. Ohh says Scotty. Well be back I need to go to my locker says Mel. I walk with her and we stop. We are going to your house and we are relaxing. you can't fight this. 

I know you want to but it's best if you didn't. I see the look in your eyes when you got my brother to leave me alone, but it's getting worse says Mel. I nod and say okay. Can I have the keys and I will drive says Mel. I hand her the keys and we start to walk to the front doors. We get to my car and Mel unlocks the doors. We hop in and mel starts to drive. 

......

We get to my house and I open the door. I let Mel in first and see that both of my parents are gone. We walk up up the stairs and we go to my room. I set my backpack down and I fall on my bed. I close my eyes. I feel Mel rub my back.