Chapter 20

Cael's Pov: I walk in 6th hour and see Mel already in there. I see her drawing and sit down in my seat. I turn around and say hey. Mel looks up and says hey as she closes her notebook. I don't want to be here says Mel. Same I say. The bell rings and the teacher starts to talk. I sigh and feel a hand go on my back. I smile and the teacher says you guys have another math project to do. Oh boy I think to myself. 

You guys can pick our partners and it's due wensday says Mr.Davis. You guys can only tooth picks and small marshmellos or you guys can use big marshmellos and popsicle sticks so the rest of the hour is yours to come up with an idea. I turn around and look at Mel. So how are we going to do this I say. Are we going to make 3 prymaids and they are all going to connect says Mel. How are we going to do that I say. 

Mel pulls out her phone and types away. She turns her phone around and shows me. That is going to take awhile I say. Yeah, but it will be fun says Mel. You are right I say. Mel smiles and says I feel like you have an evil plan going through your head right now. I laugh and say never. Mel shakes her head and I smile. I grab mel's math book and open it. she looks at me and says I don't care how many you look at please don't look at the last two.

Promise I say. Mel leans back and hides her hands in my hoodie. I go through the book and think holy shit I can't draw to save my life. She does have a talent. I get to the end and don't flip the last page. I turn around and hand it back to her. You are talented I say. Thank you says Mel. Your welcome I say. The bell rings and Mel puts her stuff away. I let her go first and walk out of the classroom. I see Maddy and Kaityln talking. 

I walk over to them and say I need a favor. Yeah says Maddy. What is Melodie's favorite thing to do I say. Bowling says Kaitlyn and Maddy at the same time. Thank you I say. Your welcome that will be a dollar now says Maddy. I pull out my wallet and Maddy says I'm kidding. I sigh and we all laugh. Are you taking her on a date says Kaitlyn. Yeah I say. Nice says Maddy. I nod and Mel comes over. 

I want to go home and take a nap says Mel. Yeah says Maddy. Yeah, I'm done says Mel. Well were leaving and well see you guys later says Kaitlyn. Bye I say. They leave and I say we have to do that marshmello project I say. No, I will spend the night at your house tuesday and do it says Mel and she yarns. Okay I say. We walk towards the door. Can you draw says Mel. A stick figure I say. We both laugh. 

Hey at least it is something says Mel. Yeah I say. We get to our cars and I unlock my car and put my backpack in. I see Mel do the same and I close the door. I walk over to her and she looks at me. Will you go on a date with me I say. YESSSSSS says Mel and hugs me. I hug her back and say I'll come and pick you up at 7 and wear something comfy not dressy. Okay says Mel as she smiles. I walk to my car and hop in. I smile and pull out. I back up and let mel go first. 

She turns and I think I can't wait for tonight. 

......

I get home and walk in the front door. My dad looks at me and says so how did today go with Mel. I told her about what happened and I fell apart. I couldn't keep myself together I say. There is nothing wrong with that we all break down at one point. Who says that we need to be strong all the time says my dad. Yeah, So after school Mel and I walked to our cars. I asked her if she would go out with me I say. 

What did she say says my dad. Yes I say. That's my boy says my dad. I smile and my dad hugs me. Please keep her says my dad. I will I promise. I never realized how happy she is making me untel right now I say really quiet. I hear a camera go off and my dad pulls away. My mom looks at me and smiles. I smile back and my dad says where are you taking her on her date. She likes bowling so I'll take her there I say. 

Are you taking her to eat says my dad. I forgot to ask her I say. Okay take some snacks and put them in the back seat just in case she isn't terribly to hungry says my dad. Okay I say.  I walk up the steps and my dad says Cael. I walk back down the stairs and my dad says did you get her something. No I say. Well you need to go do that, you always get a girl something says my dad. Okay well I'm going to the pawn shop and I will be back I say. 

Sweetie says my mom. Yeah I say. Get her a ring or a necklace says my mom. Okay I say.