Chapter 12

Mel's Pov: I get home and run inside. Mom, dad I say. I walk to my room and think they are still at work. Sweetie says my mom. Yeah I say. What's up says my mom. So I have a date with this boy named Cael and its at his house with his parents I say. That will be fun says my mom. Yeah I say. So Cael was the one that brought your car says my dad as I turn around. Yeah I say. So you have you get to meet his parents tonight says my dad. 

Yeah I say. Have fun says my dad. Always I say. I walk to my room and hear my phone go off. I grab my phone and see I have 3 images from Cael. Oh boy is he going to be a smart ass again. I open the and see 3 tie colors. light blue, dark blue and a black tie. 

Cael- which tie?

Me- Dark blue

...........

I get done and look in the mirror one last time. I grab my phone and walk in the kitchen. You look amazing says my mom. Thank you I say. My dad looks at me and says you look beautiful. Thank you I say. I hear a knock on the door and my dad goes and answers it. Mel says my dad. I walk over to the door and see Cael smiles at me. You look beautiful says Cael. Thank you, you don't look bad yourself I say. 

Thanks, you ready to go says Cael. Yeah I say. Cael holds out his hand and I take it. I close the door and we walk to his car. He opens the door and I hop in. He closes my door and I take a deep breathe. Cael hops in and says scared? How did you know I say. Cause you're usually more talkative says Cael. I laugh and say I'm terrified. Relax they will love you says Cael. Promise I say looking at Cael. 

I feel us stop and Cael looks at me. Promise says Cael. Cael hops out and comes over to my side. He opens the door and puts his hand out. I take it and he helps me up. Thank you I say. Welcome says Cael. We walk to the front door and I take a deep breathe as Cael opens the door. Ladies first says Cael and I walk in. I take a deep breathe and hear the door close. Cael looks at me and says breathe, It's okay. 

We walk up the steps and I see a lady. She looks at me and says Hi I'm Jancie. Hi, I'm mel I say. She pulls me into a hug. I hug her back and she pulls away. It's a great pleasure to have you here says Jancie. Thank you I say. I see a man come down and he looks at me. I feel my breathe get heavier. He looks at me and says Hi, I'm Tony. Hi, I'm Mel I say. It's nice to meet you says Tony. It's nice to meet you to I say. 

I see Janice putting the food on plates. Come and sit down says Tony. I see Cael walk over to a seat and he gestures for me to come and sit. I walk over to him and I sit down. He pushes my seat in and I say thank you. Your welcome says Cael. We start to eat. I have never been so scared in my entire life I think to myself. So Mel how did you and Cael met says Tony. At a basketball game.

I went to go get drinks for my friends and I. Started to walk back and we bumped into each other and I spilled all my drinks. Cael decided to pay for mine and my friends drinks I say. What is your favorite sport says Jancie. Basketball I say. Favorite movie says Tony. I can't pick a favorite movie I say. isn't that how it always works says Tony. Where do you work says Jancie. A book store I say. 

......

Cael pulls up to my driveway. It wasn't that bad was it says Cael as he puts his car in park. It was scary I say as I look at Cael. I'm sorry says Cael. It's fine, I had a good-nervous time I say. I still feel bad says Cael. It's fine I say. Thank you for coming says Cael. Your welcome, I will see you tomorrow I say. Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow says Cael. I hop out and walk up the steps. I walk inside and close the door.