42. Revenge is Best Served with Bloodshed I

The three of them lounge in the conference room where a wall of monitors allow them to watch the loading of  goods from various warehouses onto the shipping containers.  They agreed on a hundred containers as their maiden voyage deal - just large enough for Wu Zhao to test Han Jin's network and small enough that a total loss would not make a dent in his overall empire.

Han Jin / Wei Xin knew this because Hong Ge gave him an MBA level dissertation on the vastness of Wu Zhao's investments.  The Black Dragon had its claws in retail, restaurants, hotels and job placement agencies.   By retail, it is just a nice way to say a network of fencers with access to unusual goods thru illegal dealings. 

"Last batch of goods."  Wu Zhao points a large monitor on the right - showing a cage where several dozen girls of various age and stages of fear shirk from the prodding sticks of the guards. 

"Let's count the live stock.  We pay by the head.  Only the lives ones."

 As they march out, another guard hose them down, another spritz them and then as they march onto the container, a last guard gives them a shot and makes them sit down where they promptly fall into unconsciousness.

"I am not responsible for their lives."  Han Jin / Wei Xin turns away in disgust.  "By their conditions, I doubt any of them will survive the transport."

"It's in both our interest to have them alive.  I don't make money on dead bodies."

Just then, commotion ensues on the screen as a young girl struggles and tries to run away.  One of the guards guns her down without batting an eye.   Amidst the screaming and shouting, the other girls quickly comply.

"I'm not paying for that one."  Wu Zhao laughs sadistically.

Nearly an hour since the loading began; finally, the last girl crumples amidst the other sleeping girls.  The other screens already turn dark as the trucks pull out to make their way to the dock.

Several party girls offer Han Jin / Wei Xin variety of liquor.

"He doesn't drink."  Wu Zhao waves off the girls.  "He's only about the deal."

"Shall we?"  Han Jin / Wei Xin takes out his mobile device,  "Let's see if your money is as good as your words."

Wu Zhao picks up a drink, downs it and throws it against the bullet proof glass.

"Yes, let's."  He bunches in a bunch of numbers.  "I'm transferring the amount to escrow.  500Mil."

Almost instantly, Han Jin / Wei Xin's phone beeps.  He taps the screen and nods.  "I'll let you know when the goods have arrived safely."

"Now, to our unfinished business."  Wu Zhao signals one of his guards and several pull out guns, pointing at Hong Ge and Han Jin / Wei Xin.  "You took something of mine.  And I am taking it back."

"Oh?"  Han Jin sneers.  "You think you can?"

"Sure," Wu Zhao comes up to Han Jin / Wei Xin and stomps his foot on Han Jin / Wei Xin's shoulder.  "Watch me."

With one swift motion, he jerks Hong Ge up from the couch by pulling her hair.  Wei Xin / Han Jin doesn't want to admit it; but this enrages him.  Not because he thinks of Hong Ge as his woman - but perhaps over the last year, he'd come to see her as a victim and not a crime lord.  He'd come to see her as a partner - as someone worthy of his protection.

While Wu Zhao gloats with his short victory, Wei Xin / Han Jin pokes at Wu Zhao's acupuncture points and forces him to loosen his foot.  With that Wei Xin overturns Wu Zhao by grabbing his leg and twisting it hard at the knee.  He pulls up Wu Zhao with a choke hold. 

"She's priceless to me."  Wei Xin / Han Jin speak the words without a trace of warmth or sincerity.  Hong Ge looks at the Wei Xin / Han Jin and noticed the killing intent in his eyes.  "You better be ready to fight to the death for her."