03. Siblings Rivalry

Start from the beginning

Fancy seeing you here! Princess Jennifer is greeted by a woman dressed as Queen Victoria as she completes her SIXTH royal engagement in 36 hours 

She's had a hectic few days of royal engagements, but fresh-faced Princess Jennifer, The Duchess of Buckingham was all smiles this morning as she continued her busy schedule on a visit to the Royal Victoria Chapel in Hampshire. 

The royal, 46, attended Armistice Day commemorations in London on Saturday night and Sunday morning, before travelling on to Wales for a church service yesterday and ending up 132 miles away in Southampton today. 

On arrival, the Duchess received a reminder of her royal ancestors as she met a woman dressed as Queen Victoria during a visit to open the restored Royal Victoria Chapel.

The Duchess of Buckingham looked chic for the visit in a black polo neck and midi skirt with a white stitched design down the front.

The mother-of-five looked amazing for the visit in a black polo neck and midi skirt with a white stitched design down the front, teamed with knee high boots and a cream coat.

The Duchess of Buckingham unveiled a plaque as she officially re-opened the restored Royal Victoria Chapel in Hampshire.

Jennifer looked in great spirits amid a busy few days of engagements as she waved to the waiting crowd during a visit to open the restored Royal Victoria Chapel at Royal Victoria Country Park in Netley.

She paired the ensemble with suede knee high boots and covered up in an elegant cream coat. 

Based in the at the Royal Victoria Country Park in Netley, near Southampton, the chapel is the last remaining part of a military hospital which was opened by Queen Victoria in 1863. 

The mother-of-five has been hard at work on royal engagements since attending the Festival of Remembrance on Saturday night.

§                                                                                  §

"Meghan, I'm so delighted that you are here. I hope you did not have any trouble getting here on your own." I said as I lead Meghan inside of the house.

"Nope, I had a smooth journey coming here." Meghan said as I offered her to take a seat on the couch.

"Have you eaten? Would you like something to drink?" I asked her.

"Water, would be fine, thank you." She answered.

I smiled at her.

"Okay, I'll be right back." I said, walking to the kitchen.

I fixed a tray with water, finger sandwiches, some fruits and orange juice and walked back to the living room.

"I hope you don't mind but I made some finger sandwiches just incase you get hungry or I can cook you something for you want." I said placing the tray on the table.

"Oh my Goodness, thank you." She said.

"You're welcome, so how are you and Harry doing?" I asked.

"We're doing great." She answered.

"You do not have to hide your feelings with me, Meghan, I can read emotions like a book, sweetheart." I said.

She sighed and looked down at the glass of water in her hands before looking up at me.

"Honestly, I'm scared. This is all very new for me." She said.

"I understand, Meghan, I was in the same boat as you when I first started dating Hakeem." I said.

"Really?" She asked.

"Oh yes, do not let me being royal fool you. I was so scared because like you the media said horrible and degrading things about me especially in Angosia. But my love for Hakeem was stronger than a few printed words." I answered.

"How did you handle all of it?" Meghan asked.

"I had a strong support system. I had Hakeem, of course, but also Diana, Sarah, Sophie, my sister and my mum, who basically let the world know that she supported my relationship and there was nothing anyone could do or say about it that would change her mind. Since then, the media have turned into our biggest support, well most of the time. Any way, what I'm saying is, Meghan, whenever you feel that you cannot talk to Harry, about how you are feeling, you can talk to me, I know you do not have family here so I would be honored to be a form of support for you." I replied.

"Oh my God, I would love that, thank you, Jenny." She said, smiling.

"You're welcome, now let's go take a look at that garden." I said, smiling.