Meet The Morgans

It took them most of the night to plan everything they wanted for their wedding.

"Are you, Jenny and Louise still talking to one another?" he asked, as she shrugged.

"Now and again. But... they're very busy with their jobs." she said.

"Did you tell them you're getting married?" he asked, as she sighed.

"I was about to, when Louise said she had clients waiting outside her door.

Jenny... she says she is busy preparing people for a wedding and a 21st." Kati sighed.

"Hey, baby. Not all friendships last. Some just aren't meant to be." he said, rubbing her back.

"Like Abby and me." she said, as he shot her a confused look.

"Is she that girl that shot herself? Because she was being bullied? I heard about it on the news. Her father was a well respected cop." he said, as she nodded.

"Yeah. Mr Johnson was loved by his co workers. He was a strict boss, but also a loving boss." said Kati.

"How was that girl in school? Except for the bullying?" he asked, as she shrugged.

"She was... introverted. Shy, but very creative. Also very smart. She had an eidetic memory.

Everyone thought she was weird." Kati explained.

"But not you?" he asked.

"No. For someone who knew how the human brain worked, she had difficulty understanding her own mind.

She told us a few cells in her brain never formed. The cells to help understand math, emotion and feelings. Which is why those always confused her." Kati finished.

"And that was reason to mock her like that?" asked Will.

Kati shrugged. "Will, in all honesty: What would you do if you witnessed someone being physically and emotionally bullied? You're not sure if you should help or not, since you're not sure how they'll react?" she asked, as he shrugged.

"I don't know, baby. Is it my place to help her, or not?" he asked.

"She was very artistic. You should've seen her artwork! Draws people in portrait, and was amazing at it! You couldn't even tell that it was drawn!" she said, sounding amazed.

"Then why not study art? Why want to be a neuro biologist?" he asked, as she shrugged.

"A job in arts isn't in high demand these days. Although that was her plan B. She was always fascinated by it. Had no friends.  Once, she threw a Sweet 16, and invited her entire class, but no one showed up. Just her family did." Kati said, feeling regret befall her.

She didn't attend Abby's Sweet 16, because she had to go to her cousin's funeral.

She felt guilty ever since. "Baby, that must've been hard for her. To have to go through that." said Will.

"Abby looked like she had been roughed up and left for dead. That's how badly she was physically bullied. My heart went out to her. Do you know what was the last thing she said to me before she shot herself?" asked Kati, as Will shook his head.

"She was trembling on the ground when I walked to help her. My shadow was over her, and she didn't dare look up. She covered her face in fear, before she stuffed crumpled $10 in my hands and said; 'Please, take my money. Just don't hurt me. I'm sorry! I'm so sorry I'm a failure and a freak!' Then she cried, running off. I tried to stop her, but I couldn't catch up to her." Kati said, with a sigh.

"Baby, there was nothing you could've done without getting into trouble." Will assured.

"I know. I just wish I could've done something. When I heard her father died in a head on collision... my heart was crushed.
That man really loved his daughter." she said, as Will gave her a sympathetic smile.

"Just like your father loves you, and I will love my daughter." he said.

"Will, I'm afraid. I'm afraid you'll love another girl that isn't me." Kati admitted, as Will smiled.

"You're right. Of course I will. And she will call you 'Mommy'." he said, with a wink, as she smiled. "You really want a little girl, don't you?" she asked, as he nodded.

"With our genes, she will be absolutely beautiful. Like her mother." he said, as she smiled.

How did they end up on this topic?

First, planning a wedding, discussing Kati's true feelings about Abby, and now a baby?

What a weird turn out for them.

But either way... Kati's mind has been wandering.

What was the real reason Will actually wanted to get married?

To always hear 'Because I love you' was starting to sound old.

Was he trying to get back at Grayson? What was he trying to prove? She had forgiven Grayson.

She just didn't have the heart to go and see him and tell him face to face.

Guess she and Grayson really weren't that different, after all.

Kati was a very forgiving person, a quality she inherited from her father.

She hoped that she and Grayson could at least be friends.

Will was on his laptop, searching for caterers and someone to help them plan their wedding, so his attention was on his screen.

You couldn't get it back easily.

Kati got him a glass of ice water, and he didn't even notice. He was in the zone.

She grabbed her bag, walking upstairs.

She went into the bedroom and pulled out her phone.

She placed her bag at the foot of the bed.

She punched in Grayson's number and put her phone to her ear.

"Grayson Miller, hello?" he answered after the third ring.

"Grayson, its Kati. Can we get together some time and talk?" she asked, waiting for his response.