Chapter Fourteen

I heard a strange sound that sounded like a constant beep in my left ear. For fucks sake, is it my alarm clock? Why isn't Tyler or Josh shutting it off? I groaned in annoyance.

"Holy shit," I heard someone whisper.

I closed my eyes tighter before opening them. I automatically closed them again as the bright lights of the room burned into my eyes.

"Where the fuck am I?" my voice sounded parched and hurt to use.

"Hey, Kat..." I opened my eyes to see a puffy eyed boy with blonde spiky hair, a puffy eyed Josh and one sleep deprived Tyler all sitting around what seemed to be a hospital bed. What the fuck happened?

"Am I in a fucking hospital?" I signed to Josh.

"Do you not remember anything?" He asked. I shook my head.

"You got hit by a car. It was a drunk driver. You've been out for three weeks. They thought you weren't going to make it," Josh began to choke up again. My heart panged.

"Who's that?" I signed pointing to Remington.

"Y-you don't remember him?"

"No?" I signed back.

"His name is Remington. He was kind of your best friend. You guys acted like a couple. He cried the whole time you were in a coma. He blamed himself for everything," Josh signed back.

"Why?"

"You pushed him out of the way," He signed back.

"Fuck me.." I signed.

"Oh!! Miss Katherine Walsh, you're awake!!" The doctor smiled with glee from the door, making all eyes turn to him . I nodded my head.

"That's great. I have so much to discuss with you," he smiled again.

"I'll give you a minute to actually wake up, I will be back in a few to run some tests and see when you can go home," He explained and walked out of the door.

"Do you remember me?" Tyler asked. His hand found mine. His hands were shaking. I nodded my head.

"Do you remember me?" The blonde boy in the corner asked. I shook my head. His eyes clouded over. I began to feel bad. He looked down at his hands trying to hide his pain from me. It pained my heart to see the blonde boy cry. I don't know why but I just wanted to hold him or even have him cuddle with me in my bed. My heart panged at this thought.

"I-I'm sorry," I spoke, my throat burned. Josh handed me some hospital water which tasted just like chlorine.

"God, I'm sippin on straight chlorine," I choked. Josh laughed. I didn't understand why it was so funny.

"What's your name?" I asked the boy.

"R-Remington," He wiped the newly formed tears that threatened to fall.

"Your name sounds familiar. I'm sorry. I'll try to remember," I frowned. I don't know why but all I wanted to do was love on this man. I used to never believe in love. What the fuck?

The doctor came back in and asked everyone to leave. I was able to pick one person to stay with me. I chose remington for some odd reason. He gave me a hopeful look. The doctor had a pretty nurse by him. She had long thick black hair that reached her shoulders, bright red lipstick, and wasn't as skinny but she wasn't a heavy girl. She was extremely beautiful.

She had a tray full of things like needles, blood tubes, band aids, a rubber string, and some other medical things she would need. I reached for Remington's hand. I hated needles. They always scared me. His hand put me at ease.