Chapter 50 - Finale

•Several years later•

Finn's POV

It's been a while since I've visited Rachel's grave. 5 years to be exact, I can never find the courage because I know that my heart will break, not like it needs anymore shattering.

I pick up my oxygen tank and slowly hobble to my car.

2 years ago, I was diagnosed with multiple brain tumors growing larger and larger by the month. It was a very cancerous situation, but with heavy medication, my tumors shrunk. They're still there and will probably kill me in the future.

Brain tumors don't cause you to carry around an oxygen take, pneumonia doss.

My coughing is as bad as Rachel's was.

Rachel.

The thought of her makes me weak at the knees.

I hover around many graves, looking for any names that I might recognize. Many of my friends that I've known for quite some time are buried here.

Tina recently passed away of cancer, along with Santana.

Brittany had been severely depressed around the time of her death but she had to be strong for her her only daughter, Sara.

Finally, I found Rachel. Underneath her name, birth date and death date, it read:

Forever in our hearts.

In my hand, I held a single red rose which I laid down on the vibrant green grass surrounding her stone.

She deserves all of the flowers in the world.

"I miss you Rach, every day." I whisper, knowing she'll hear me.

I feel a buzzing in my pocket, I reach in for my phone and answer it sounding so melancholy.

"Dad?" It was Haylee.

"Hey, how are you Haylee?"

"Good, me and Ryan were wondering if you wanted to come to dinner tonight around 6? The kids are missing their grandad."

I personally love my grandkids to death, but I felt like I should be alone tonight.

"Of course I'll be there, I miss them too."

"Ok, great! See you tonight, love you." She says happily.

"Love you too, sweetheart."

********

"Poppy!!" My youngest grandson, Hayden yelled while grabbing onto my foot.

"I missed you, bud." I say hugging him.

I hear the thumping of more kids running down the stairs, Connor and Erica.

They were also screaming poppy and giving me tight hugs, making my breathing suck even more than it already does.

"Okay guys, let's not kill your grandad." Haylee announces and hugging me just as tight. "Dinner is all set up." She adds.

Ryan, her husband walks in to greet me as well. He's a real gentleman, he likes good football teams and takes care of my daughter. That's always been important to me.

We sit down at the dinning room table and catch up on things that seemed important.

Except Rachel was the only thing on my mind. I accidentally let out a sigh that sounded like I was annoyed.

"Sorry, it's been a rough day." I informed Haylee.

She nods, knowing that I'm talking about Rachel.

A few hours later, I thanked them for dinner and left for my house. The same house the kids grew up in. I couldn't leave all my memories.

I slide into my pajama's with the hassle of my breathing tube. Next, I begin my nightly routine. This involves drinking black coffee and finishing the newspapers crosswords. You could say I'm a low key elderly.

The clock read 11:06, my eyes were beginning to shut down which means it's time to go to bed.

After the grueling hike up the stairs, my vision sees black spots in the corners of my eyes. I blink repeatedly but I fall to the ground with my sight pitch black.

"Finn."

A beautiful voice makes me rise and stand to my feet.

"Rachel?" She was standing before me, prettier than ever. She nods, happily.

I glance at my arms, expecting to see my saggy skin, but it's the skin I had when I was a teenager.

I'm young.

"Am I dead?"

"Yes, your tumors and phenomena make a deadly combination." She takes my hand.

"I knew you'd wait for me." She whispers into my ear.

"And I'm so glad I did."

I don't really know where things will lead from here, but I know that I'm starting a new beginning with the love of my life, and it will end with her.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I hope you enjoyed reading this fanfic, because sadly, it is officially complete.

I know I gave some of you heart attacks for killing Rachel, but I didn't want my story to have some cliché ending that you were totally excepting.

But I made sure to keep it sweet and end it happy, unlike Veronica Roth who destroys your hopes and dreams. <----That will only make since if you read the Divergent Series.

Please don't hate me cause I killed everybody, I did it in the name of love😂❤️

This won't be the end of my writing, I'll be back;)