Chapter 46

Rachel's POV

I wake up next to Finn, his hands around my waist while mine covers his chest.
I place my forehead and nose against his face and kiss him lightly.
Even though I'm awake, I don't want to get out of bed. The warmth that's emanating from his body, draws me closer, not wanting to leave.

I hear the door creak open, it was Emma. "What's wrong, Em?" I ask.

"Can I come up and get in your bed?"

I smile in response then help her get up. She wiggles her way in between me and Finn.

"Glad to be back home?" I say cuddling her up in my arms.

She nods and let's out a loud yawn and starts to fade back to sleep. Finn is beginning to move a little bit, then finally opens his eyes.
"How are my girls?" He asks.

"We're good, Em is sleeping." I whisper. He glances at Emma then gently kisses the top of her head.

This moment was short lived, Haylee and Ross came running into our room then started jumping on our bed.

"Mom, Dad!! Sunday is pancake day!!!!" They shout at us.
Emma bursts awake and screams: "Pancakes?"

"Can you make bacon too?" Ross asks.

"Sure" Finn responds.

Who would of known that my 2 teenagers would still come running into our room for pancake day.
"You guys go downstairs and get the stuff out, we'll be down soon."

I slowly get out of bed to find my slippers and a sweater. Finn stays in bed, closing his eyes.
I grab one of my slippers from my feet and throw it at his face.
He immediately jumps and then glares at me.

"What? You promised pancakes and bacon."
He slowly makes his way to me then hands me my slipper.
"Remember when you were a vegan?"

I laugh at the memory, being married to Finn, I have literally eaten everything.

"Yeah..."

********
While making the pancakes and bacon, I started to set the table so we could all eat together.

"Haylee, pour the milk please!!" I shout from the dinning room.

Emma walks in the room looking a bit worried. "Mom, you were supposed to answer that guys questions."

"What guy?"

"The guy from the hospital!"

"Oh, the officer?"

"Yep!"

"Well, he probably would of called by now, don't you think?"
Before she answers, the house phone rings.

"Maybe that's him." She says.

I hesitantly answer the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Rachel Hudson?" His voice is so familiar.

"Yes, this is her."

"This is Judge Ray-"

"Oh my gosh, no way!" I'm shouting a little to excitedly.

"Excuse me?"

"Don't you remember me? You called me like 15 years ago for a trial?"

"Oh yes, my bad Mrs. Hudson. Anyway, I'm calling you back for yet another trial, Brody Weston's trial." He pauses.
"Isn't that the same trial you went to 15 years ago?" His voice is very confused, yet surprised at the same time.

"Yeah...he got out of prison and things kinda got crazy." I reply.

"Anyways, back to the trial! It will be held next week at 10am, it is mandatory that you and Finn Hudson will attend. Your children will also be interviewed sometime this week, police will call you instead for that information."

"Ok, thank you."

The line was already dead.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

This chapter was a little boring, I know.

BUT I have an announcement! I have had a blast writing this fanfic and I never really thought that I would ever have gotten over 10k reads but it happened.
And I thank all my readers!

All good things must come to an end though, I will soon be ending this story, hence the name Beginning and END;)

There will still be a few chapters that I'll write before I'm completely finished. It will be titled: Finale.
Since this was my first fanfic that I ever wrote, I have a personal attachment to it and I'm very sad about ending it.

But alas, school for me starts on Monday and I won't have time to maintain 2 well written fanfics. I just think that if I do continue this fanfic, I'll go crazy and won't have much free time.
Although, I will be continue my other fanfic, Habits.

Who knows, maybe after I complete Habits, I'll write a new Finchel or Monchele fanfic.

Your comments ALWAYS make me happy to read so don't be scared to leave one.

I love all of my readers, thank you❤️