Chapter 9

Rachel's POV

I got a text from Brody this morning. Most of the time I would just ignore his texts or calls, but today I decided to check what he sent me. It read:

I'm not done with you.

This really worried me but I didn't bother to tell Finn because he would probably make a big deal out of a little text.

"Hey I'm gonna head on over to the dry cleaners to pick up some of my clothes for work." Finn says while I'm watching tv in the living room.

"Isn't it a little late for that?" I say while looking out the window. It was starting to get very dark.

"I just now realized I needed to pick them up, plus they stay open late."

"Is it that place on the scary end of town?"

"Yeah, but I'll be careful, Rach."

"I'm coming."

We head out the door hand in hand and jump in the car. We were basically heading to the ghetto of New York City in the middle of the night.

The drive was only about 20 minutes but we couldn't find a parking spot so we had to park farther than my liking.

The place was cheap, but they did a good job so I see why he even goes to this place. We got the dry cleaning and headed out the door.

It was totally dark outside. Great.

"How far away did we park?" I ask looking around.

"Just about 5 minutes away, no big deal."

We started walking the way we came, past a couple alleys and apartments.
After we passed one alley, I heard a light whisper.

"Now"

I turn my head and see 2 men lunge towards me and Finn.

I scream.

One of them jumped on me and managed to pull me to the ground. The other was having a little harder time with Finn. Finn was throwing fists and kicks until a third man came out. His face was covered with a black hoodie. He pulled something out of his pocket.

"No!!!!" I yell so loud and kick my attacker but it's no use. The man is stronger and bigger than me.

The hooded man stabs Finn in the chest with a knife.

I hear Finn scream and wince from the pain of the knife. I make one last effort and manage to free my right hand. I punch the man on top of me. He releases his grip on me. I manage to stand up and run after the man who stabbed Finn.

"Take care of her!" The man yells.

His voice...it's so familiar.

"Br-" I'm interrupted by a fist in my face.

It all goes black.