Chapter 11

Rachel's POV

When can I see him? That's a question I asked my nurse, Hannah constantly. It was always the same answer.

"He's still in ICU, he can't be allowed visitors until he's out."

If he ever comes out, I think to myself.

"The good news is, you'll be discharged from the hospital tomorrow!"

After my crying fit over Finn, Hannah told me I had an aggressive asthma attack and a minor concussion from my fall. The asthma attack was triggered by my anxiety. They told me I could of died if I had gotten to the hospital any later than I did.

I feel empty. All I do is sit in my hospital bed, watch tv, eat, sleep, and throw up. My life can't get any more miserable then this.

Well...it could. I could be living my miserable life without Finn. Just the thought of him makes me cry.

Hannah has been taking care of me for about a week and I've cried at least 100 times since. She probably thinks I should be in a mental hospital, not a regular one.

*********

Today, I was finally released from the hospital. I told Hannah to call if she got any news on Finn.

So here I am at Finn's house crying my eyes out on his living room couch when I get a phone call from Hannah.

"Hannah?!" I yell.

"Rachel...are you sitting down?"

I put my hand over the phone so she can't hear me scream into a nearby pillow.

"Yes"

"Finn's vitals dropped. He isn't doing well. The doctors are fearing that he might be fading away."

I feel as though I'm swimming in my own tears, why can't I just drown?

I hang up the phone, run outside and scream at the top of my lungs. I don't make any sense. I'm just yelling completely random words with some F bombs thrown in.

I pull myself together. I have to see him again. I have to!

I was barley functioning on the drive to the ICU.

"I love you Finn! I love you no matter what happens!" I cry to myself the rest of the drive.

I pull in the parking lot and sprint into the lobby. Nobody was there. I wasn't even allowed to see him in the first place so I sneak behind the front desk and see a computer screen of patients.

I run my finger down to Finn Hudson. Room 105.

I walk down a hallway to find a sign pointing left saying 100-110. I quickly walk to my left.

103, 104, 105.

Before I walk in, I knock to make sure no nurses are in there. Nobody answers so I open the door to find a lifeless Finn Hudson.

My body slowly makes my way to him. I hear his terribly slow heart beat and release a small tear from my inflamed eyes. His hospital bed was big enough for me to crawl in with him, so I do.

"Finn Hudson, you can't leave me. We are going to grow old together, have a million babies and die like that couple in the Notebook." I hold onto his muscular arm and weasel my head in between it and his chest.

I was so tired from all my tears that I couldn't help but fall asleep with him. I dream of better times. Like my first time with him. I could tell he just wanted to love me, I wanted the absolute same thing.

I'm abruptly woken up by an angry male yell.

"What the HELL?!" He screams.

I immediately jump out of the bed and look at the man then at Finn. He angrily waited for a response from me.

"I'm his girlfriend...I just w-wanted to see him, just in case I never see him again." I say while shaking with fear.

"I don't care who you are! Get the hell out or I'll call the police!!!"

I don't hesitate to run out of the room and into the parking lot. It had started to pour earlier but I was caught right in the middle of it.

As I run to my car, I slip into puddle of the pouring rain. I fall right on my face.

"Damn it! Damn it! DAMN IT!!!!!" I had completely ripped my jeans in the process of my stupidity of a fall.

Nothing is going my way anymore. Nothing!

I don't even get up. I lie on the freezing New York ground with the monsoon like rain flooding on my back.

"MISS?! HE'S AWAKE!!!!!"

I scramble to my feet and jerk my head around. It was the man who yelled at me.

"HE'S AWAKE?!" I yell back.

He runs to me and apologizes. I don't care about his stupid apology. I care about seeing Finn again.