Chapter 21

Wedding Part 2

Finn's POV

"You ready, Mrs. Hudson?"

"Yes, Mr. Hudson!" She replies.

I grab her hand while 2 men open the door to the reception.

"For the first time ever, please welcome Mr. And Mrs. Hudson!"

A roar of applause fills the large room while me and Rachel walk to our table where we will eat and listen to wedding toasts from our guests.
She squeezes my hand while I crotch down for a kiss.

I pull her chair out while I sit next to her. Before we eat, the speeches begin.

Rachel's Dads: We are very happy to welcome our new son in law to our family! We absolutely adore you Finn, you make Rachel so happy. As all gay dads say, if our daughter is happy, we are even happier.

Kurt: I'm still getting used to the idea of my best friend being married to my brother in law, but I know Rachel will be in amazing care because Finn is a true gentleman who will always be there for her!

Santana: I've known Rachel since my Sophomore year in high school and, I've never seen her in a better and happier relationship than with Finn. AND FINN...if you do anything to hurt Rachel my Lima Heights adrenaline will kick in to beat you up. I wish your marriage the best!

Followed by Carole and Burt, Puck, Mercedes, Sam, Artie, Quinn and Mr. Shue. I hadn't seen him since high school, but Rachel insisted he was to come and give a toast.

Finally, it was time for our first dance.

"Care for a dance?" I ask with a smirk.

"Why of course, kind sir." She takes my hand while I guide her to the dance floor.

We dance to All of me by John Legend.

I hold her waist in one hand then with her own hand in mine. She rests her head onto my shoulder while I lean mine on hers ever so slightly. We drift off into our own world, like nobody was watching.
It was just us.

"You're forever apart of me" I whisper into her ear.

"And you of me"

I lean into her gorgeous face and kiss her lips. She moves her hand up to my neck then to my hair, kissing me back.

After our dance, Kurt pulls a chair out in the middle of the room and places Rachel on it.

"What's going on?" She asks while laughing.

"I have a surprise for my beautiful wife!"
She automatically blushes when I said wife, I knew she would.
Kurt hands me a microphone, that's when the music begins.

If I don't say this now I will surely break
As I'm leaving the one I want to take
Forget the urgency but hurry up and wait
My heart has started to separate

Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Be my baby
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Be my baby
I'll look after you

There now, steady love, so few come and don't go
Will you, won't you be the one I'll always know?
When I'm losing my control, the city spins around
You're the only one who knows, you slow it down

Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Be my baby
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Be my baby
I'll look after you
And I'll look after you

If ever there was a doubt
My love she leans into me
This most assuredly counts
She says most assuredly

Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Be my baby
I'll look after you
(After you)
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Be my baby
Oh, oh, oh

It's always have and never hold
You've begun to feel like home
What's mine is yours to leave or take
What's mine is yours to make your own

Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Be my baby
Oh, oh, oh

Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Be my baby
Oh, oh, oh

Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Be my baby
Oh, oh, oh

By the time I was done Rachel and everyone else in the room was crying. She runs to me while I have my arms open for a hug.

This night could not of gotten any more perfect.

*********
The wedding ended about an hour and a half ago. Me and Rachel had to catch our flight to our amazing honeymoon destination, Sicily, Italy.
So here we are waiting for our flight to be called with Rachel asleep on my shoulder.

"Flight 161 to Sicily Italy is now boarding!" Blared a loud intercom.
I look at Rachel who is still sound asleep. I'd hate to wake her up so I choose to carry her, along with our carry on to the airplane.

I managed to get us first class seats, so we were located in the front of the plane.
I set her down in the window seat while I take the aisle one.
Rachel thinks we are staying at a hotel near the beach, what she doesn't know is that I booked a honeymoon suite directly on the beach. It's isolated, so we have our own romantic space.

I hear a light little groan next to me, Rachel was starting to wake up.

"Finn, come here." She waves me over to her chair which is big enough for me to lay with Rachel. She's so small, it's honestly the perfect size for us.
I feel her head snuggle into my chest while I place my arm over her tiny body.

I slowly fall asleep with my wife curled up in my arms.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Song:

Look After you - The Fray