Chapter 36

•13 years later•

Rachel's POV

You could say my life is perfect. I have 3 beautiful kids. My oldest is Haylee Elizabeth Hudson, followed by my only boy, Ross Johnathan Hudson and lastly, Emma Reese Hudson.

Me and Finn are still happily married and living in New York. The only thing that changed was that we switched from an apartment to an actual house.

I know for a fact that Brody is out of prison, I received many emails prior to his release date. I haven't heard any news from him and I intend for it to stay like that.

One night, Haylee came into the kitchen while I was making dinner.

"Okay mom, I'm ready to talk." She says confidently.

"About what...?" I question.

"My birthday party! You only turn 14 once!"

"What did you have in mind?"

"Well, since we have a pool, why not a pool party. I can invite all my friends like Erica, Ashley, Nick-"

"Ha, no boys at this party!" Finn's says walking into the kitchen. She shoots him a glare.

"Hey honey." I say hugging him and giving him a kiss.

"Ew...why no boys? They're my friends!!"

"No boys will be seeing my daughter in her swimsuit." He says wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Mom, help me out here." Haylee pleads.

"I don't know, we'll think about it. But I know for a fact you have homework you haven't started and it might help your situation if you finish it."

Without even a word, she walks out of the kitchen.

I direct my attention to Finn who is looking down a little lower than my neck.

"How was work?" I say moving his moving his head back up to my eye sight.

"It was good, but I couldn't stop thinking about last night...you know." A smirk is planted on his face.

"Shhhh!! Finn, Emma is right around the corner, she could be listening!" I say covering his mouth.

"She might be listening, but she's not watching." He gently moves my hand away and kisses me on the neck, my sweet spot.

I try to pull away but can't, he knows me to well that I won't move as long as he's got me.

Eventually I get the strength to pull back and resume cooking.

"Nice try!" I wink at him.

"Rachie, you can't lead me on like that." He complains.

"Do you want dinner or not?"

He seems to regain his senses, he walks off into the living room to watch tv with Ross.

About 20 minutes later, dinner was ready and laid out on the table.

"Alright, dinner is ready and everybody better be here by the time I count to 5!!! 1, 2, 3, 4, 5!!!!"

The whole family was at the table by 4.

While eating I decided to make a little announcement.

"Ok, I've decided to let Haylee have her girl-boy party."

Finn's face turned white and he lost his smile.

"Yessss!!" Haylee belts out.

"Woah, woah, woah, we didn't talk about this Rachel."

"I know." I reply with a hint of sass.

"Thanks mom!"

"No problem, Hayls. I'll go to the store tomorrow for party stuff."

********

After I sent the kids off to bed, I decided myself that it was time to get ready for bed as well.

When I was taking my makeup off in the bathroom, Finn walked in with his arms crossed.

"What happened to talking about Haylee's birthday party?" He asks.

"I was just thinking....remember that one time when the glee club had a swim party?"

He nods but he doesn't really know where the conversation is going.

"Well, we were all friends and comfortable with each other that it didn't really matter if you were wearing a bikini. I think that's why Haylee didn't see a problem with it and neither do I."

Finn gives me a guilty look and doesn't reply.

"What?" I ask suspiciously.

"At that party, I was still dating Quinn but I was watching you the whole time. I'm not sure if anyone told you about this but I may or may not of gotten a boner. I told everybody it was Quinn that made me get it but honestly, it was you..."

I take a couple seconds to take in what he said but I find myself laughing really loud.

"It's true!! I just don't want all these guys at the party to have my same experience."

"How bout this? If that does happen, you can kick him out of the party."

"Deal."