Chapter 26

Rachel's POV

Me and Finn were in a hospital room waiting for the doctor to come in for our sonogram. I was so nervous, just looking at all the baby posters around us was intimidating. What if I lost the baby or it's not healthy?

"Hey, are you okay? You look like your about to pass out..." Finn says, interrupting my deep thoughts.

"Yeah, just um reading the baby posters for any helpful information." I respond with a fake smile.

He nods, then the doctor comes in.

"Good morning guys! My name is Dr. Lawson and I'll be checking up on your baby for the next 9 months!" She says while getting some equipment.

"I'm Rachel Hudson, this is my husband, Finn."

"So your the one who got her pregnant?" She says jokingly at Finn.

"Yes, I am." He says smirking back at her.

"Well Mrs. Hudson, please lift your shirt up for me."

I lift up my shirt, there wasn't a baby bump yet because I was only 2 or 3 weeks along.

She squirts some cold gel on my stomach that makes me jump a little.

"Oh yeah, it's cold."

I laugh it off and nod. Finn takes my hand and rubs little circles along my Palm.

Dr. Lawson then takes her "pregnancy wand" and swirls it around the gel on my stomach.
I'm intensely watching the little screen to the left of me.

"There it is!" She says pointing at a blobbish looking shape on the screen.

"Awwwww, it looks like a little blob!" I blurt out.

"A very cute blob." Finn adds.

"Yes, since you just started your pregnancy, it will look like a blob until probably your next sonogram appointment. The appointment after that, I can tell you your baby's gender!"

"Thank you so much, can you print out some pictures of this? I want to send them to my dads to surprise them, they don't know I'm pregnant."

"Yeah, same for my parents." Finn says.

"Of course, I'll be back with your pictures in a couple minutes." She walks out the door.

"Finn! Take a picture with me and our little bundle of blob and joy!" I say handing him my phone and standing up next to the screen.

He laughs at my joke while pulling up the camera app.

"Smile, both of you!" He says.

I put one of my thumbs up and smile with my little baby.

"Beautiful!" He says after a couple more pictures.

"So...how are we gonna tell everyone?" I ask.

"Hmmm, how bout we frame this picture and have it out in our living room and throw a little party."
He explains.

"So whenever they come over, they'll see the picture!"

"Exactly!"