Chapter 45

Finn's POV

I'm walking down the hallways of William McKinley High school with some friends of mine from football when I spot her.

For the first time.

I'm cradling and kissing her when finally I take her upstairs with me and then things start to escalate from there.

For the fist time.

I'm holding her hand while she screams and sweats. Finally, she gives birth to our first healthy and able child, Haylee Elizabeth Hudson.

For the first time.

I'm thinking about our firsts for everything, while she's out, hopefully getting Emma back.

This time, everything feels different. I wasn't thinking about all of this stuff the first time she went out to get Ross back from Brody.

Me and the kids were released from the hospital earlier, today.

Even though it's 2:30 am and everybody is in bed, I can't sleep.

Thinking about her soothes me and gives a sense of security.

I go downstairs to the kitchen and get a glass of water. On my way back up, I'm stopped by a familiar picture. The picture that I took 14 years ago on her first real sonogram appointment with our little blob baby.

She's just as beautiful back then as she is now. Same smile, same eyes, and same big heart.

I'm laying down in bed, still wide awake when a buzzing noise makes me turn my attention to my glowing phone.

"...Hello?"

"Mr. Hudson, I know it's late but we need you to get to the hospital right now."

I didn't want to her anymore, I just needed to be there.

Within 10 minutes, I'm there and preparing myself for the worst.

An ambulance's lights are drawing me to the front of the hospital where it's quite crowded.

Nurses, officers, doctors, and strangers sitting in the waiting room.

I frantically pile though the sea of people, trying to get to the front desk.

Right before I ask where Rachel Hudson is, I feel little arms snake around my waist.

"Rachel" I pull her into me, she places her head on my neck, taking in deep breaths.

"I missed this smell, you."

"I just missed you." I pick her up and hold her. Even though there are at least 20 people in the room staring at us, I kiss her lips repeatedly.

She stops. "Emma..."

I don't respond, I just take in the inevitable.

"He had her in the back of his trunk. She almost suffocated to death." She cries.

"Just tell me she's alive and that I can see her."

"You can, actually." A doctor says behind us.

"She's fine and can go home right now if you like."

Rachel smiles and kisses me on the lips once more before she grabs me by the collar and to my feet.

We follow the doctor into yet another hospital room where an actually surprisingly perky Emma is.

"Mommy, Daddy!" She holds her arms open for a hug, which we both give her.

"I missed you, Em girl!" I say hugging and kissing her.

"Same!" Her little petite arms can barely hug my whole entire figure.

"The nice officer in the hallway said we can answer his questions in the morning cause he knew I was tired. Can we go home?" Her little eyes stare right into my own.

"Let's." Rachel says.

********

I help Rachel out of the car while Emma runs inside, probably to go to bed.

Rachel is about to do the same but I stop her. "Wait!" She turns around, alarmed.

I cup her face and pull her in for a much needed tongue involved make out session.

"That was hot." She says simply after pulling away for breath.

"I had to do that, I had to do it right then and right there."

"Well...I'm glad you did."

I interlock our fingers with a smile, then walk into the house, next the bedroom.

"What was the challenge?" I ask cuddling up with her on the bed.

I feel her body stiffen.

"What?" I ask trying to calm her down.

"It wasn't really a challenge...it was more like torture." She says hiding her face in my chest.

"He touched me."

Those 3 words made my whole entire body feel like it was on fire. The thought of another guy doing that to her, bewilders me.

"What do you mean by he touched you?"

"He forced me against the wall, kissed me, pulled off my shirt, almost slit my throat then the police came."

I pull her closer, not talking. She knows this is my way of saying sorry and telling her nothing like that will ever happen again. Nobody will ever have her that way, except me.