Chapter 29

Rachel's POV

Being 6 months pregnant can be quite challenging. 3/4 of my clothes don't fit me anymore. I'm stuck in sweats, big shirts/sweaters, ugly jeans, and leggings.

Don't even get me started on my damn hormones. The other day I started crying over a Tide detergent commercial because there was a cute puppy in it.
I'm also putting Finn on the edge. I'm yelling at him over the stupidest stuff. Whenever he comes back from the store with the wrong brand, I scream and cry at him.

He understands why I am how I am right now, but sometimes he just needs to get out of the house I guess. I'm honestly the biggest mess I've ever been in my life ever.

Today, was going to be a good day. I wouldn't let my hormones, appearance, morning sickness, or bizarre food cravings get in the way.

Today was the day me and Finn would start decorating the baby's room.
We had gone to a million different stores in search for the things on our list. Crib, lights, paint color, etc.

After about 2 hours of painstakingly trying to pick a paint color at Home Depot, we settled on a very light lavender.

Finn took one wall while I took the other. We were listening to music while painting, I couldn't help myself so I danced around a bit. Finn laughed at my pregnant dance moves to turn down for what. I took my paintbrush and flung some paint in his direction.

"So that's how you wanna play, Berry?"

"Come at me, Hudson!"

He sticks his brush in a nearby paint can, then charges at me splattering paint all over my sweats and t-shirt.
As he goes back to his can to get more paint, I drench my hands in the Lavender. I sneak up behind him, then put my hands on the cheeks of his face.

He turns around, showing me his paint soaked face with my handprints.
I let out a long and loud laugh.

"I guess Lavender really is your color!"

He walks to the hallway, where a mirror is. I quickly follow him wanting to see his reaction. He was laughing.

"My turn!" He picks me up then carries me back to the nursery. He does the same as I did with the paint on his hands except he writes something on my forehead.

I then go into the hallway to look at Finn's masterpiece.
On my forehead, the word Finn is written.

"Finn!" I shout into the nursery.

"What? It looks cute. Plus that's payback for this." He points to his cheeks where my marks were still vividly left on his face.

"Well now that we're even, can we got get something to eat? I've been wanting to try something for a while."

"Yeah, sure. Where do you want to go?"

"Wendy's. I have a new burger idea."

He looks at me confused but then ignores my comment while grabbing his car keys.

"We are going out in public looking like this?" I question.

He nods while dragging me out of the door.

Once we get to Wendy's, Finn asked me what I wanted to eat.

"8 piece chicken nuggets, a burger with extra bacon and meat, and a large frosty." I respond.

The look of horror on his face was priceless.

"Hey I told you I had a new burger idea!" I yell annoyingly.

Finn hesitantly orders the food then pulls up to the window. The cashier was taken back by the designs on our faces, she then hands us our food.

Once we got home, I happily brought the Wendy's bag to the table, ready to dig in.

"Okay, show me this crazy burger idea of yours." He says.

"First, put 3 chicken nuggets on the burger and smash it down a little so your not taking monster bites." I squish the burger into a more condensed version. I then take out some ketchup packets.

"Secondly, add about 3 ketchup packets on the chicken nuggets."
I pull out my frosty and open the top.

"Lastly, add frosty right on top of that. Enjoy!"

I take a huge pregnant woman bite out of my amazing burger.

"That's one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen in my life. You will most defiantly be brushing your teeth before you kiss me again." He says laughing off into the other room.

"Whatever you say, Finn!!!"