Chapter 37

Rachel's POV

My alarm clock wakes me up at 6:45, that means wake up Finn and the kids for breakfast before school.

I walk into everybody's room and drag them downstairs. Emma, Ross, and Finn all seem exhausted, Haylee looks like she should be in a 5 hour energy commercial.

"What are you so excited about?" I ask her while making scrambled eggs.

"My birthday party, your going to the store...right?"

"Yeah, don't worry I got you covered."

She flashes a big smile at me.

********

"Come on, you guys are lagging!! The bus is gonna be here in a couple minutes!" I yell up the stairs.

I get a weird groan response from Ross as he walks down the stairs. Emma soon follows him with her little pink backpack.

"You look cute, Em." I say while fiddling with her ponytail.

"Thanks mommy!" She hugs me goodbye and walks out the door with Ross.

"Haylee Hudson, you are gonna miss the bus!!! Get your butt down here now!" I shout now starting to get aggravated.

"Rach, I'm leaving!" Finn yells. I make my way over to him and kiss him goodbye.

Finally, Haylee came down the stairs with a little more eyeliner on than she should.

"Go back upstairs and take that off. I don't care if you miss your bus, I'll drive you to school. My daughter is not going to look like a hooker."

"I don't look like a hooker!"

I ignore her comment and point to the stairs. She let's out an angry sigh while going to her room.

After that little incident, Haylee came down the stairs looking normal. We then head to the car where I drive her to school.

"Okay, see you after school. Love you!" I manage to say before she shuts the car door without replying.

Once I get to the grocery store, I start by buying the actual groceries then heading to the party aisle.

I'm staring at all my options before I grab a pack of candles but someone else is grabbing the same one as me.

"Oh, you can have-" I look up before finishing.

My eyes feel like they're burning, I'm looking straight at Brody.

"Hey Rachel" he says casually with a devious smile.

I start to back up and run into my grocery cart. "Where are you going Rachel? I thought we might have a lot of catching up to do!" He grabs my hand but I fling it out of his grasp.

I dart out of the aisle and run into the parking lot, leaving my cart and Brody back in the grocery store.

As I'm running to the car, I pull out my phone and call Finn,

"Hey Rachel, what's-"

"FINN!! I just ran into Brody at the grocery store!!!"

"What did he do?!" Finn sounds like he could rip Brody's head off.

"He grabbed my wrist and said we needed to catch up, do I call the police?" I yell frantically.

"You can't call the police unless he threatened you, you just have to stay away from that store, okay?"

"Finn, he didn't even seem surprised to see me! It's been like 15 years! He's gonna do something, I know he is."

"Just start driving and we'll sort this out when I get home."

"Fine!" I hang up a little annoyed, he should be more concerned. This guy stabbed him for crying out loud!

When I pull out of the parking lot, I spot Brody outside the store glancing at me. Right before I turn away, he sends a wink my way.

He wasn't done with us.