Chapter 38

Rachel's POV

"Finn, I know he's gonna try something!!" I yell sounding paranoid.

"Rachel, if he does do anything, you can be sure as hell that I'll be there to kick his ass back into jail." Finn says grabbing his coffee mug.

"How can you be so calm about this?"

"I don't know, I'm trying to remain sane for the kids unlike you." He replies.

"Should we tell the kids about him?"

"God, no. Emma is to young, Haylee and Ross just shouldn't be thinking about this stuff."

I nod and walk out of the living room and into my bedroom. I sit on my bed thinking and replaying the situation in my head.

I hear a knock on the door.

"Not now Finn."

"It's Haylee." I see her poke her head through the door staring at me with her big brown eyes.

"Oh, you can come in. What's up?" I ask patting the bed.

"Is there a reason why you didn't get the party stuff?"

I pause, Finn told me not to tell her. So I won't.

"Actually, Mercedes wanted to have lunch with me and I didn't want to pass it up."

"The party is on Friday, mom. Also, is Rina gonna be there?"

Rina is Mercedes and Sam's daughter.

"Yeah, don't worry."

********

Friday

"Finn, you can stop stalking all of Haylee's guy friends..."

He hasn't taken his eyes off of them.

"What are you talking about?" Santana asked, confused.

Finn gives me the kind of stare that means: Don't you dare tell her about why I'm doing this.

"Oh...no reason!" I wink at Finn.

The whole glee club came and brought their kids. They were all like family to Haylee, Ross, and Emma.

I will admit that the party in the backyard looked quite tempting to join in.

"Mommy, why can't I go swimming too? Ross and Haylee are!!!" Emma pouts.

Haylee begged me to keep her in for the party.

"It's a big kids party, you'll be old enough one day." I say setting her on my lap.

After a couple hours, people were starting to leave until finally it was just our kids.

It was a boner free party!

"Okay, ready for your birthday dinner?" Finn asked her.

"Yep!" Haylee said with a smile.

We went out to her favorite restaurant and the waitress brought her a cupcake with a candle.

"Happy birthday to you!!" The waitress yelled.

Happy birthday, Hayls." Finn said kissing the top of her head.

"I'm going to go use the restroom." I say scooting out of the booth.

I walk to the bathroom feeling a little frazzled.

Calm yourself, Rachel. You made it through Haylee's crazy party and you haven't seen Brody.

I think to myself.

Once I walk out, I spot a familiar figure from behind. Brownish-black hair, tall, but slouches. Brody.

I see a girl walk up to him and kiss his cheek which makes him turn, I can see his face now.

Not Brody.

I'm going crazy, I now think everybody I see is him.

I just wish I had that same feeling I felt for 11 years while he was in prison.

On the car ride home, I was silent. I neglected to jump into the conversation about the party.

Everybody soon went to bed as soon as we got home, everybody except me.

I went out back to sit by the mess of a backyard and pool.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I hear Finn close the back door and walk over to me.

"I think I'm going nuts..." I say vaguely.

He pulls me up off the ground and in for a hug.

"Your always nuts." He whispers.

I look at him a little annoyed.

"But that's why I love you."

I laugh at his little remark. "Nice save, but try saving yourself from this." I escape his hug and push him with all my force and into the pool.

When he comes up for air he laughs.

"Now it's your turn to come in!"

"No way!" I shout back.

He makes his way out of the pool and hugs me which drenches my clothes. I feel his grasp tighten, this means he's about to pull me into the water with him.

Which he does

But I don't care.

"I love you lots, and your not crazy. Your just reacting like anybody else would." He says kissing my wet cheek.

"I guess your right."