Chapter 41

Rachel's POV

I've locked myself in the bathroom for basically the whole day.

The police last night showed up not to long after me and had Finn arrived.
They've been doing all their detective work but this morning we got a call from the station saying that Brody is off the grid and it will be nearly impossible to track him down.

I just recently figured out he was only on parole for 3 months and ever since then, no phone, no email, no address, and no family.

So here I am in my bathroom crying. I haven't let Finn in at all, I just need time to gather myself. I'm afraid if he sees me like this, then he'll do the same thing. I just can't have that.

In between my sobs and wheezing, I hear a knock on the door.

"Rachel, let me in. We need to seriously talk about this." Finn says.

"Please go away...." I choke out.

After I thought he left, I hear a violent kick on the door which causes it to fall down on the ground.

"Another problem to worry about, you broke the door." I can't even see what I'm looking at because of my swollen and puffy eyes, but I feel arms wrap around my shoulders and waist.
I fall back onto him where I get cradled by a teary eyed Finn.

"You know, they're my kids too. We have to start acting like real parents and talk about what we're going to do."

"I just needed time to cry...sometimes you have to let out all your feelings and just cry. But your right, we need to act like real parents." I reply softly.

I hear a little ding coming from the sink countertop, it's my phone.

I reluctantly leave Finn's comfort and retrieve my phone. I wish I didn't.

Hey, Rach!

Thought you were done with me? It's not done till I say so, but while we're talking why don't I give you a little update. Haylee, Ross, and Emma are all here at Casá de Brody, in the mean time here's what's going to happen.
I'll give you your kids back, one at a time. Each day, you'll get a new challenge, if you complete it then you get one of your kids back.
Your challenge will be given to you, tomorrow.

Love, Brody;)

I show the message to Finn who's face turns white.

"We're going to the police station!" Finn grabs my hand and we drive to the station.

*******
We've been waiting for about 2 hours.
The officers took my phone to see if they could trace an address.

"Mr. And Mrs. Hudson?" An officer asks from behind a door.

Me and Finn stand up and enter his office.

"The number he is using Is untraceable, the reality is that you have to do these so called challenges in order to get your kids back. We will be there to arrest him at any moment." He says.

Why do I feel like this is my last week on Earth?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Sorry for short chapter!

Longer one tomorrow, hope you like it and keep reading❤️