Chapter 40

Finn's POV

I decided that me and Rachel should go out tonight and just spend some time away from the kids.

Rachel called Santana to come over and babysit because ever since the incident with Haylee, we don't trust her to babysit.

Flashback

"Did you have fun tonight, Rach?" I ask on the drive home.

"Yeah, I forgot that you can't dance very well..." She replies quietly.

I took her out to dinner then we met up with everybody from glee club at a night club.

We left a 13 year old Haylee in charge to look after Ross and Emma. Bad idea from the start.

The sight we walked into was absolute chaos.

Ross was tied to a chair in the dining room, Haylee was on her phone while watching TV, and Emma was nowhere to be found.

"What the..." I say not finishing my sentence,

"HAYLEE ELIZABETH HUDSON, WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?!" Rachel yelled.

"Oh thank god your home!" Ross sighed in relief.

I walked over to his chair and untied him.

"A girl seriously tied you up?" I ask jokingly.

"Finn! How can you joke at a time like this?! Where is Emma?" Rachel shouts.

"She...is um...in her closet upstairs." Haylee says with a guilty expression.

"WHAT" Me and Rachel say simultaneously.

"Long story..."

End of Flashback

"Rachel, are you almost ready?" I call up into our room.

"Yeah!" I see her walk down the stairs in a dress with heels. I help her down when the doorbell rings.

"Hey Santana!" Rachel yells.

"Hey, where are the little terrors?" She asks jokingly.

"All over the place! We'll be back late!" Rachel says as she grabs the collar on my shirt and drags me to the car.

"Well aren't you in a hurry." I say.

"I love our kids and stuff but sometimes you just need a break from them."

"Agreed."

We spend the night walking around New York City before finding a restaurant to eat at.

After dinner, I take Rachel to a surprise location.

"Oh my gosh, Finn! I remember the last we were here, you proposed to me." She blushes nonstop.

We were walking around Central Park before we sat down on a bench.

"This place brings back great memories." I say as Rachel nuzzles her head into my chest.

"The best memories." She says quietly.

After about an hour of talking and sitting on the bench, Rachel let out a large yawn.

"Ready to go home?"

"Yeah...but can you maybe...carry me?" She asks hopefully.

"For you, anything." I say picking her bridal style then carrying her to the car.

Rachel spent the rest of the ride in the car sleeping but she was holding my hand. Everything was perfect, nothing was going wrong. Little did we know, our whole entire world was falling down around us.

I carried Rachel into the house and set her on the couch. I walked into the kitchen for a glass of water to give Rachel but something stopped me in my tracks.

Santana was laying on the ground, unconscious.

"Santana!! Santana are you okay?!" I yell at her.

Rachel runs into the kitchen to find the same thing I did.

"Oh my gosh, what happened?"

"I don't know!"

Santana starts to wake up but she doesn't seem okay.

Before you know it, she's screaming and searching around the room.

"Santana, what happened?!" I grab her arm so I can catch her attention.

"It was Brody!! He took the kids and hit me with a gun and I passed out! He took the kids, he took the kids!!!" She starts bawling her eyes out and falls to the ground.

"I couldn't do anything...I'm so so so sorry." She continues to cry.

Me and Rachel do the same.