Chapter 34

Rachel's POV

I'm left in me and Finn's bedroom. I've been sitting in the same spot for about an hour. Not crying, just thinking. No matter how many times I replay what just went on in my head, I still can't absorb the information of what to do.

He was right, I was just kinda using him because I'm so desperate for a child. Honestly, can you blame me?

I finally find the courage to go downstairs and talk things out with Finn. When I get downstairs, Finn is nowhere to be found.

"Finn?" I look around the house but no sign of him. Then I stumble on a note taped to the fridge.

I went out to clear my head, please don't call me because I'm fine. Won't be back till tomorrow.

-F

I'm lost for words, he shouldn't be out "clearing his head" that long. What if he does something bad, because chances are, he's with Puck.

I guess there's nothing really for me to do here, so I call Kurt.

"Hey Kurt, I was wondering if I could come over?"

"Your not going to get in a car accident this time, are you?" He laughs.

I remain silent.

"Yeah, sure. I just really need someone to talk to."

"What about Finn?"

"See you soon!" I hang up the phone and grab a snack for the road.

While driving, I look past all the streets to check if Finn is roaming them.
No Finn.

I have an urgency to call him but he said not to.

********
Once I get to Kurt's, I knock twice.

His boyfriend, Blaine answers.

"Hey, Rachel! Don't worry, I'll be leaving soon so you and Kurt can talk."

Okay was all I had to say as I walked in.

When I entered the kitchen, Kurt had laid out a bunch of snacks and drinks.

"Thank you for letting me come over."

"Enough with the small talk! Tell me what happened."

I tell him everything. The doctor's news, me using Finn, and his note.

"Well, congrats on still being able to have kids but not congrats on the whole Finn thing."

"I know that I messed up, I just really need to talk to him now. I can't really wait one whole day..." I say in defeat.

"You've got me, you need retail therapy!"

We spent the rest of the day shopping before I went home. Of course, there was no Finn waiting for me.

I slept on the couch, hoping that maybe in the morning, he'd be there.

But he wasn't.

I was left alone without my husband.

Even though he said not to call, he said he'd be back by the next day.

I pick up my phone and call him.
No answer. I call him a couple more times but it always ended the same.

I take a shower to help me deal with everything. I stare at my stitches as a reminder that everything was real. Chelsea died and my husband is who knows where.

I didn't imagine my life like this. I didn't want anything remotely like this to happen to me, but it did.

I count the hours of the day away. 2pm, 3pm, 4,pm. I'm starting to get worried, like maybe something is wrong. 5pm, 6pm, 7pm. I give up.

I go to my bed this time. 8pm, 9pm, 10pm. I finally fall asleep.

My clock reads: 9am

I get out of bed to search the house, no Finn.

I call him again, hopeful that he might answer his phone. No answer.

I don't even bother to make breakfast, I start to text Kurt.

He's still not home. -Rachel

If he's not back by tomorrow, call the police. -Kurt

Okay -Rachel

10am, 11am, 12pm, no Finn.

1pm, 2pm, 3pm, no Finn.

I make my hourly call to his phone, only for it to go to his voicemail.

"This is Finn Hudson, I can't get to the phone but I promise to call you back ASAP!

You promise, Finn?

4pm, 5pm, 6pm.

I'm in the kitchen making myself dinner when I hear the front door open. I let him walk to the kitchen. I now know he has just been ignoring my phone calls.

"Where the HELL have you been?"