Chapter 35

Finn's POV

I was driving back to the house thinking about what I was going to tell Rachel. I've been gone for two days without calling or texting her that I'm alright.

Then I think back to what she did to me, and why I did what I did.

Before I open the front door, I take a huge breath. I enter and hear a sizzling noise from the kitchen. Here we go.

"Where the HELL have you been?" She asks with a wicked expression, while turning off the stove.

"Like the note said, I needed to-" She interrupts.

"The note said one day!!! You were gone for 2 and I was on the verge of calling the police!" She yells.

"Need I remind you of why I left in the first place? I was so mad, confused, and hurt!"

"Then talk to me, Finn!! You left me here to sit on my ass without making any effort to try and resolve this problem. Did you ever think that maybe I was mad, confused, and hurt after you left, too?"

She was right, but I didn't necessarily want to tell her that.

"Rachel..."

"You know what else? I probably wouldn't of been this mad if you had called me back! I called you over 20 times, and you didn't respond to a single one!"

I look down at my feet, not really sure how to respond. Everything shes saying is true, why can't I just tell her I'm sorry?

"You never answered my question." She says blankly.

"What question?" I see her eyes roll at my response.

"Where the hell were you?" She repeats.

"I was with Puck and we did some things..."

Her dark eyes were watering up and flooding down her red cheeks. She falls down to the floor and leans her back up against the island in the kitchen.

"What things?" She sobs out.

I get to where she is and sit with her, putting my arm around her shoulder. She shudders a bit, but doesn't resist it.

"Not like that, Rach. We just went to bars and night clubs."

"You didn't find someone prettier than me in one of those night clubs? That's probably why you were gone for 2 days..." She's still crying but I heard what she said.

"How can you say that? Rachel, your the most beautiful woman alive. How could I ever do that to you? I had a really bad hangover and I didn't want to see you like that, so I slept and threw up the whole day, that's why I didn't answer your phone calls. I'm sorry." I pull her closer to me so I can sit her on my lap.

She nuzzles her head into my chest, releasing a few tears in the process.

"I love you..." I say.

"I love you too."

She pulls my head down to kiss my cheek, but I go in for her lips. The expression on her face shows that she was surprised but also enjoying it.

I find her arms wrapping around my shoulder and neck while I pick her up by the waist. Her legs wrap around me as I carry her upstairs.
I lay her down on the bed but she looks uncertain of something.

"What?" I ask.

"Are you sure, I mean after all that happened?" Her eyes are gleaming up into mine, hopeful.

"Of course I'm sure." I reply with a kiss to her lips, she smiles and laughs through it.
I feel my shirt being lifted up by her, so I do the same.

She grabs my shoulder to pull me closer, the feeling of her skin against mine was missed.
The careful placement of my hands felt familiar, they knew exactly where to go. One firmly on my back while the other rests on my head.

Her hands suddenly move, to the next step. I guess that's my cue for me too. I find the clip for her bra but I can't unclip it. She looks at me like she's waiting but my fingers fumble around, not really sure what to do.

"I can never unclip!" I laugh.

"Yeah, you kinda suck at trying to take a bra off." She helps me out, which gives me a sigh of relief.

The thing about Rachel is that I know her so well. I know her next move and she knows mine. That's when your really know you love someone.
You forgive each other and leave things in the past, that's how relationships work. That's actually the only way any relationship can work.

I'm glad I found that with her.