Chapter 38

Rose

Once we had hit the tarmac in Sicily neither me nor Noah had stopped. I was in training, I refused to let myself get to a point where I was unable to defend myself again and Noah's men and women were helping me slowly gain that strength and the skills I needed to fully recover. Noah was all over the country, both Sicily and the mainland working with his uncle and aunt on hunting down the batva so we had hardly spent any time together.

But today we were. Noah arrived home at two and told me to be ready by six because we were taking the helicopter to the mainland where we would be attending a reelection campaign party for the current prime minister Gianna Deluca.

Apparently, both Noah and his uncle had struck up a deal with her and her political party that so long as they funded and donated money to them every month then they would let everything 'organised crime-y' to quote Noah slip under the radar. Which made a lot of sense.

Noah apparently had a nice rapport with this woman and her husband, so it was more about making appearances than any big move on a chess board.

But, at this moment, I was sitting on the edge of the bed, watching him as he changed into a three piece suit. He quickly worked on buttoning up his shirt. I watched as the material was pulled taut to his shoulder blades and back. I whistled at him. He looked gorgeous.

Noah turned to face me walking slowly over to where I was sitting. He leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to my lips. I smiled into it, moving my hands to his shoulders, feeling the expensive material under my fingers, and the heat radiating beneath it.

Noah then moved to sit next to me, placing his hand on my thigh. "You ready for tonight?" He asked and I nodded, I leant closer to him, resting my head on his shoulder.

Again, like before I felt the need to voice my true feelings to him but I just couldn't quite get the words out.

It was a perfect moment, intimate and private but it just didn't feel right, even though I know that he wouldn't care if I told him in a room full of people covered in shit. It just didn't feel right and I had to trust my gut. There was and would always be an underlying guilt about falling in love with him. He was my captor after all, my arranged marriage in a contract that was signed out of fear before I was born. But despite all that I loved the man and that was hard to come to terms with and for the most part I had.

Noah slowly ran his hand down the navy silk of my dress, I couldn't quite believe how far we had gotten. We were at the point where sitting together silently was comfortable, and I started to love moments like this.

Noah's hand slid from my dress to my arm. He pulled me up to my feet before spinning me around the fabric of my dress, swishing with the spin.

"I can't wait to get you on the dance floor tonight." He whispered softly. I smiled and leant into his chest, gazing up at him as if he were a constellation in the night sky. I moved away from him, directing my gaze to his tie and blazer which were haphazardly strewn on the sofa. I scooped them up before handing them to him.

"We're going to be late."

"Fashionably so tesoro." He retorted. A small grin broke out on my lips, Noah smiled back at me before tying his tie and offering me his arm. I took it without a drop of hesitation.

"Just to give you some forewarning-" Noah started, "We are probably going to be the youngest couple there."

I raised my brow and turned to face him, a smirk resting on my lips, "And the hottest."

Noah matched my smirk before leaning to peck my lips.

"You are such a tease Rose."

"What." I exclaimed, mock shocked and offended. "I was just stating facts."