Chapter 32

Rose

When Noah stumbled through the door, holding his bloodied nose an unexpected pang of guilt and worry shot through me.

"Noah. Are you okay?" I asked, he shook his head and made his way towards the tap. I shot to action, I grabbed some kitchen roll and approached him. I grabbed his face and assessed the damage. It didn't look broken. So I just mopped up as much blood as I could with the kitchen roll.

Daniel looked at us and then served Ollie his pancakes, made himself a plate and sat next to him. He chatted to Ollie as I dealt with Noah.

"Your dad. He's insane." Noah whispered to me.

I smiled at him, "You're two for four."

"I'm what?"

The memory of me punching him in the face, and the joy that I'd felt flashed before my eyes. "Two of the four Marshall's have punched you in the face."

"Hopefully it stays that way." Noah grumbled as I wiped the last of the blood from his chin. His gaze darted to my lips, my heart began to pound in my chest as flashes of last night replayed in my head.

I pulled the tissue away and placed it on the bench. Noah leaned forward,

"I'm sorry Noah." Dad yelled from the doorway in a very unconvincing tone before dragging mom out of the room, I swear I could have seen her laughing.

Confusion pulling at his brow, I pecked his lips and then grabbed a couple of pancakes from the stack for breakfast before washing my hands and settling down for breakfast. Noah washed his hands and then filled his plate with the rest of them and plopped down next to me.

"Noah. You took mom and dad's breakfast." Ollie chastised.

Daniel looked at me, and then at Noah. "Mom and dad will grab theirs later." I told him, "They looked like they were busy."

Ollie nodded and then said, whilst chewing on a piece of pancake that was far too big for his mouth, "I'm happy your back, you stopped mom and dad fighting."

I smiled at him, to mask the feeling of sadness that filled me.

Daniel seemed to react similarly to me, patting Ollie's arm.

Noah's hand slid onto my thigh, he gave it a soft, reassuring squeeze before going back to his breakfast.

👑★👑

The funeral came and went, and then it was wedding time. As stated in the contract I would have one day with my family before the wedding but because the funeral was a literal week before my birthday, I got to stay the week. And it was one of the best weeks ever. We did everything that I've

ever wanted to do, there were so many laughs and cuddles.

I didn't want to leave this.

We also went wedding shopping, despite it not being a wedding of choice, mom wanted me to have a beautiful dress. She wanted me to have something that was my choice on a day that simply wasn't my choice.

But I got increasingly less frustrated with that. Noah had to go home after the funeral but was returning for the wedding tomorrow with his family.

I missed the bastard. I couldn't believe it but I missed him.

Today was my final day of a life without Noah and it stung. Mom made breakfast, she made waffles with heaps of berries, dipping chocolate and cream.

She and Dad had both gotten the day off work and ignored every call. Ollie was in school but finished at lunch.

It was far too much fuss, but I couldn't stop them.