98

Sequel- part 6

"trust in me"
10 years later

Luna was eighteen, a ballerina starring in more ballets than ever. Cole was fifteen thriving in rugby, with his mind set on a sports school. Rhys a happy little twelve year old with talents in music, playing the drums and learning how to play the guitar. Eli the youngest at ten years old, enjoying science so far, especially the stars and planets

Then of course Shawn and Heather Mendes.  Married for 16 years. Still living in their grand log home making memories everyday.

They were that couple, that looked at each other and just began smiling, joy and happiness spreading everywhere they went. Pure love radiating off of them.

Right now the children were sleeping as it was three am but Shawn was awake. Heather sat up in bed looking around seeing the empty space beside her. She got up grabbing one of Shawn's jumpers slipping it on.

She walked out to their balcony seeing him sat there with the outside light on just on his phone. "Hey" she says shutting the door behind her.

"Oh hi love" he puts his phone down letting Heather sit on his lap.

"What's on your mind hun?" She asks sitting sideways to face him, brushing his curls back keeping a hand in his hair gently messaging his scalp.

"Just how much I love you" he winks pecking her lips making a smile tug at her lips.

"I love you more" she tells him pressing a kiss to his nose.

"We've come along way huh" Shawn begins. "I remember so clearly the day I met you, how gorgeous you looked, so cute in your uniform. We had a stage where I guess we were scared to say we liked each other eh" he chuckles.

"I knew you were the one, as cringe as it sounds. But the way you made me feel, my heart racing and I just wanted to kiss you every time I saw you and just scream I love you. Even how you were with Luna, you accepted her as yours and she is" Shawn says putting a smile on her face.

Heather legally adopted Luna, they talked about it together and Luna couldn't have been happier. 

"I knew you were mine too" Heather tells Shawn. "I mean before you I never had someone I loved. You were the first and I'm glad you're the last. But seriously before you the only thing I focused on was work and nothing else" Heather chuckles sadly.

"Then you" Heather bops his nose. "Mr I want the best god damn doctor, waltzed into my life and next thing you know you're on my mind all the time. It's like you fixed everything, my relationship with my dad even got better" she smiles down at him.

"And hey I got the best doctor and the prettiest" Shawn chuckles pecking her lips.

"I'm glad you put your trust in me. I remember thinking you'll never let me into your life but you did. I was like woah 'this girl totally owns my heart. I'll put my trust in her' and you're so, still without question the best thing that's ever happened to me, including our children of course." Everything he said was completely honest and made Heather feel such an immense love it was indescribable.

"I put my trust in you and I'm glad because I'm at a place in my life where I'm so incredibly happy" Heather giggles kissing his nose.

"Oh Heather you completely own my heart"

-
This is officially the end.
I'm crying, I love this book so much and seeing it grow was amazing, I also enjoyed writing it too.
Thank you everyone for reading and if you were here from the beginning ilysm. ❤️

I'm overwhelmed by the love this book has gotten, I truly can't thank you all enough.

Here's to the end of Heather and Shawn's journey, it can exist in your imagination forever.

I hope as a writer I made you feel the the pain, sadness and love of the characters.

Again, thank you so much.
(Quick plug read my other books :)

Okay I'm done, thank you all!!!!
-A