92

"I can't believe you did this to me"
Heather Flores
October 19th

"Hi baby" I ruffle Luna's hair as she came running up to me. Shawn had just picked her up from school. "Go get changed, then I'll make you something to eat" I tell her taking her bag.

"Thank you Mummy" she kisses my rather large stomach then runs up the stairs. I begin waddling to the kitchen then I feel Shawn place his arms around me setting them at my stomach.

I was so exhausted. I finally got off work at the beginning of October and I was so grateful even though I wasn't allowed to operate i still took general appointments.

"Hi gorgeous" He kisses my cheek then rests his chin on my shoulder. "How was work?" I ask him taking Luna's lunch box out of her bag.

His hands rub my stomach and I stop what I'm doing to lean against him. "Good" he nods then kisses my neck gently.

"You seem tense" he chuckles. "My back hurts" I groan. "Come on let's sits down" he takes my hand taking me to the living room. I sit down and he sits beside me.

"I've finished the baby's room" he says kissing my hand. He had been working on it since September and I wasn't allowed to see. "When can I see?" I ask closing my eyes and leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Well once the baby is here we will come home and it'll be a surprise" he says. "Shawn" I whisper. He hums a yes putting a hand in my hair gently messaging my scalp.

"I love you" I whisper letting myself relax in his body. "I love you more Feather"

I giggle at his choice of nicknames, I haven't been called that it in a whole. "Look I still wear my necklaces" I show him the sun and feather pendants. "You know Luna never takes hers off either" he tells me. I remember when I gave her the moon necklace, it was the same day she called me mummy.

"You tired babe?" He asks. I nod letting out a yawn. "Come on let's get you in bed" he stands and takes my hands helping me. I go up the stairs and he follows holding my hand from behind.

I take my pants off leaving me in a long jumper. I get in bed and Shawn kisses my forehead. Then Luna comes running in.

"Mummy are you taking a nap?" She asks standing at the side of the bed. "I am" I nod.

"Can I join?" She asks already climbing on the bed about to climb over stomach but Shawn quickly picks her up then puts her beside me. "I'm gonna go down and do some work" Shawn tells me. "Okay, I love you" I say tiredly. "I love you daddy" Luna copies then cuddles heathers arm. "I love you both" he chuckles then leaves the room.

-
I was sleeping for god knows how long when I felt a pain in my stomach. I groaned opening my eyes then I saw that Luna was gone and Shawn was beside me sleeping. I starting controlling my breathing and sat up slowly holding my stomach but the pain got worse.

I then realised my legs were getting wet.

Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god.

I wince holding my stomach then reach back hitting Shawn's arm as hard as I could. "Shawn please" I whimper.

"Fuck Heather" I hear him grumble he quickly stands in front of me holding out his hands. I take his hands squeezing a little.

"We... have to go" I tell him. He nods. "I'll erm get the bag, call Paige or Spence or whoever to get Luna. Stay here" he kisses my forehead then leaves running around.

I grabbed my phone calling Spence. "Fuck baby is coming call everyone to hospital" I let out a whimper then ended the call.

Shawn runs back in with the bag on his shoulder and I saw Luna behind him I held in the pain not wanting her to get scared.

He takes my hands and we slowly and steadily make it to his car. He straps in Luna then gets in driving off.

I felt another contraction coming so I reached for his arm pursing my lips together. "Shawn, go slow" I tell him, the fast pace of the car making me feel sick.

"Babe I'm sorry we have to get there quickly" he apologises. "Fuck" i take his hand squeezing.

"I can't believe you did this to me" I shout. "I'm sorry, I love you" he kisses my hand.

I begin breathing in and out deeply. "Shut up" I pant.

After what seemed forever we made it to the hospital. Shawn came over to my side and held both my hands. "Why's your car so high up?" I complain. "I'll get a new one" he chuckles.

We slowly make it inside and I'm put on a wheel chair taken into a room where I'm put on a bed.

"Okay so baby's coming huh?" Doctor Gregory walks in. "Babe I'm gonna just gonna give Luna to Ness hold on" Shawn runs out the room and within seconds he's back beside me holding my hand.

"So far we're four centimetres and we need to be at eight which if it's in time should be in around an hour" she tells me then leaves the nurses with me.

"Shawn" I call looking over at him. "Yeah what's the matter?" He asks. "Fuck I'm giving birth" I say making him smile. "Are you excited?" He asks.

"To have my body in pain? No" I say sternly. He laughs then presses a kiss to my lips but as he's about to move away I felt another contraction so I squeezed his hand so hard he made a small grunting noise and I saw his eyes go wide.

Then this went on every ten minutes until the doctor was back.

"So we're 8 centimetres, lets get pushing mummy" she smiles up at me grabbing her gloves. "Shawn are you going to stay there?" She asks.

"Yes! Fuck yes!" I answer for him shouting. I hold on to the side of the bed and the other on to Shawn's.  "Come on Heather!"

"Babe you got this!" Shawn tells me. "Shawn!" I shout. "Give me three big pushes!" I get told.

"I'm trying!" I yell back squeezing even harder on to Shawn. "Other hand" he swaps hands.

"one more big push!" She shouts over my immense crying.

I hold Shawn's hand looking up at him. God he was so handsome.

I then hear the first cry of my baby. "Shawn" he gets called over probably to cut the cord. Then the baby gets quickly cleaned and placed on my chest.

I let out a sigh of relief tilting my head back. "Hi baby" I whisper, mainly because I was out of breath and sore.Shawn leans beside me then kisses my forehead.

"He's perfect" he whispers. "So perfect" I repeat. I place a kiss on his tiny forehead then I put my finger in the tiny palm and his small fingers wrap around. "Shawn, he's our baby" I whisper as I start crying again. This was so magical.

"Here, hold him" I tell Shawn. Then he slowly lifts him up, his big hands holding the small body. This was a sight to see.

"You have a name?" I ask him, I completely trusted him to choose the name.

"How about Cole?" Shawn smiles down at our baby.

"Cole Mendes" I smile. Shawn looks down at me with a huge grin. "Cole Mendes" he nods.

Who knew I would be doing this again two more times?

-
Sadly this book is coming to an end