25

"Like I said it's okay"
Heather Flores

"Baby you're going to wake her up" Shawn whispers, I hear Luna hiccup as she cries making my heart clench as I never heard her cry. "Darling please stop" Shawn coos. I feel him move behind me and I'm guessing he sat up.

I shuffle turning around and slowly open my eyes seeing Luna crying in to Shawn's shoulder as he rubs her back hushing her. 

"What happened?" I ask sitting up, I would be lying if I said Shawn didn't look good right now, his curly hair flopping in front of his face, his rosy cheeks clear on display and his arms looking like they would rip his white tee.

"Heather I'm sorry for waking you up" he says softly. "No it's okay, i have to be up soon anyway for work" I smile at him but my smile disappears as Luna cries a little louder.

"What happened baby?" I rub her back gently, then lean behind Shawn to look at her. I move her hair out of her face and she looks up at me, her big brown watery eyes staring at me.

"Oh Luna" I whisper leaning closer to her wiping her damp cheeks with my thumbs. I look back at Shawn and see his eyes tightly shut as his large hand rubs her back soothingly.

"Shawn" I say putting a hand on his knee. He opens his eyes looking right at me. "I don't like seeing her cry, she's feeling poorly" he says. I nod understandingly. "Can I?" I hold my hands out.

He nods passing me Luna, her small body lying on my lap as I sat criss cross. "What's the matter darling?" I ask her, my hand going to her hair softly massaging her scalp.

Her small hands rub her eyes and she sniffles through her now red nose. I place the back of my hand at her forehead. "She's got the sniffles" a small laugh escapes her lips making me smile. "Do you want some breakfast darling? I'll make pancakes" I tell her.

"Will you share with me?" She asks, her voice slightly raspy. "Yeah" I nod. I look back at Shawn seeing him closer to me as he watches Luna.

"You don't have to share, you might get sick" he tells me. "I'll be fine, I don't want to upset her".

Shawn smiles at me then leans down pecking my lips. "I'm sorry for waking you" he says.

"Like I said it's okay" I tell him kissing his lips once more.
-
"Okay I'll try to finish early today, I feel bad for leaving Luna" I say to Shawn unbuckling the seatbelt. "It's okay, I'm gonna take her home and she can sleep for a while then my mum is going to bring her some soup" I nod looking at his lips then at his eyes.

"I'll probably see you tomorrow babe, I'm going to look after Luna and my mum will probably want to stay over to look after her" Shawn smiles at me, I nod again moving closer to him.

I quickly glance towards Luna seeing her sleeping in her car seat, I lean closer to Shawn meeting his lips for a long kiss. He holds my face swiping my bottom lip with his tongue making me open my mouth further. We kiss for another minute then I pull back grinning.

"Have a good day and text me" Shawn pecks my lips again. "Okay, bye hun" i blow him a kiss as I leave his car.

-
"How was last night?" Spence asks me as I walk to my office scribbling down a few notes after an appointment I just finished. "You know to say you don't work here, you are definitely here a lot" I laugh opening the door.

"Girl leave me alone, now tell me how was it with Shawn!" He claps his hands together like an excited five year old.

"Why are you, Paige and Ness already so interested" I shake my head and begin typing away on my computer.

"Because you haven't been in a relationship for a while and now that you've finally let someone in, who just so happens to be extremely hot, successful and a dad we want to know the tea" he says putting his feet up on my desk.

I feel a weird buzz in my stomach or maybe it was my heart or chest or head I don't know. But the feeling came to me when Spence mentioned Shawn.

"So you gonna tell me?" He raises an eyebrow.

"I really like him Spence, he's great, so charming and sweet and he really cares about me and he doesn't care about how many hours I work or how I look after a long shift, he still calls me beautiful and when he smiles it's like it's contagious and next thing you know I'm smiling like an idiot" I breath out all out once, Spence puts his hand on his chest dramatically.

"You're eyes sparkle when you talk about him" he tells me. "Do you trust him? I know it's hard for you to you know"

"Yeah, I trust him" I nod and Spence smiles.

"Heather Carly Flores, he might just be the one"