67

"You're our family now Heather, don't ever hesitate to think we're not."
Heather Flores
December 20th

November was amazing, I was falling more in love Shawn, so in love that when I would see him my heart would race and I'm sure my cheeks would flush an embarrassing shade of pink. I wanted him to hold me all the time and he did, always gabbing my waist, a hand on my thigh or even holding my hand from behind.

And Luna also changed my life in many ways. I felt more responsible and definitely more loved. Every drive home she would tell me and Shawn about what she did, ask me to do her hair, want to watch movies with me. I felt so lucky that someone so special to me wanted to share everything with me.

Both Shawn and Luna reminded me everyday that they loved me and I did the same. Every night I would tuck her in bed and sometimes read a story to her then I would go to bed with Shawn were I felt completely safe and warm, even when he keeps the window open. Some nights Luna would sleep with us well instead of sleeping we would have tickle fights and eat anything we could until we were sleepy.

In the morning Shawn would wake me up with kisses, the light feather ones that make you smile and your body tingle. We could sometimes get away with sex in the morning but most of the times Luna would walk in extra early which was completely fine.

It was now five days before Christmas and I was having lunch with Karen, Aaliyah and Luna as Shawn was at work and I took the day off as Luna wasn't feeling too good. We met up at a cafe and were now drinking our hot chocolate and eating gingerbread cookies, that Luna was now decorating.

"So what have you gotten Shawn for Christmas?" Aaliyah asks me with a playful smile. "It's a secret" I chuckle.

"Are you spending Christmas with us? I'm not sure if Shawn's mentioned it" Karen speaks up.

"Yeah we can if that's not a problem, my dad is taking Lola to London for Christmas and I have no other family to spend it with" I chuckle sadly, Karen sends me a sympathetic smile then holds my hand over the table.

"You're our family now Heather, don't ever hesitate to think we're not." She tells me.

"Yeah you and Shawn are practically married" Aaliyah joins in. "Thank you Karen. That means more to me than you know" I smile at her. "I wish you could've met my mother, she would've loved you and you Aaliyah and even Luna and Shawn" I say looking at all of them.

"Shawn told us a little about her, well what you've told him and I can bet she was the nicest women ever. You've done well for yourself Heather." If I want in public and around all these I would've started crying at her kind words.

"Thank you" I smile at her. "Now moving on, I know it's late but you guys need to tell me what you want for Christmas" I look between them.

"Heather it's okay seriously" Aaliyah says. "I don't want to sound like I'm bragging but because of my promotion I've been getting more money than I can handle and I'd love to get you guys something and Manny too-"

"Mummy! Daddy is calling" Luna passes me my phone then it stops ringing and I see Shawn texted me saying he's home.

"I'm sorry we're going to have to go now but please text me anything you want it's not a problem" I get up and so do they we all hug and Luna gives them hugs and kisses and we leave.

"Mummy do I get something for Christmas? From Santa?" Luna asks me as I buckle her in. "Of course you do, you've been a good girl haven't you?" I ask her.

"Yep I pinky promise" she nods then holds her pinky up, I link my pinky with hers then we let go. "Well if you've been a good girl you'll get lots of present" I kiss her cheek then shut the door getting in. I wasn't even lying to her, me and Shawn had spoilt her so much. We started our shopping as soon as it hit November 1st.

-
Luna had now fallen asleep and me and Shawn were cuddling on the sofa watching Polar express. We had already decorated everything and it was all so pretty, the tree was white with silver decor and around the house we had small elf's around and Shawn hung up a mistletoe at the entrance of the kitchen so every time I'd walk in he'd pretend to bump in to me and then point up to it.

"I'm excited for Christmas" I blurt out making him laugh. "Me too, our first Christmas all together" he chuckles kissing the top of my head.

"We'll have the morning to ourselves then my family will join later at around five. You're welcome to invite anyone you want too" He tells me. "I'm fine with just us" I nod then look up at him pressing my lips to his.

"That's perfect" he pecks my lips again. "I'm excited to give your gift to you" he smirks.

"I'm excited to give you mine, you're gonna love it. Well I hope you do" I chuckle. "I will as long as it's from you" he kisses my lips again.

"She fell asleep quickly today eh" Shawn says smirking. "Probably because she woke up so early" I laugh then get up. I sit back down on his lap straddling his legs.

"Remember to be quiet" he says and begins kissing down my neck.