58

"This year has been a change for you so I'm toasting to change"
Heather Flores

My excitement was too much. This was so surreal. I had Shawn, Luna, my own little family. I finally had my hospital, my dad had officially stepped down. Apparently the meeting was a set up and he wanted to surprise me which I'll be forever grateful. I had my dream job, family, my own house, car, my love and it helped that I was going to get payed a shit ton of money.

"Oh honey you look gorgeous" Shawn comes behind me running his hands down my red dress. The same one as the night before, I wasn't going to let this outfit go to waste. Shawn wore a dark red shirt matching with me and Luna had a pink dress on.

"You look handsome, like always" I turn around meeting his gaze. "You don't usually wear red lipstick" he cocks his head to the side.

"Does it not look good?" I ask worriedly.

"No babe it's sexy" he squeezes my sides. "I can't wait to come home" I tell him. "And why's that?" He asks me.

"So I can have you all to myself" I giggle kissing the side of his lips. "You can always have me" he grins as soon as he's about to kiss me Luna runs in.

"Mummy I can't find my socks" she huffs placing her small hand on my leg. "I'll get them" I smile down at her. I move away from Shawn and grab her socks putting her on my lap as I sit on the bed and Shawn checks his hair and puts some cologne on.

"Did you invite your parents?" I ask Shawn earning a yes. "Good good, Lola and my dad are coming too along with, Spence and Matt, Paige and Darren, Ness and her new man and Andrew" I say now putting on Luna's sparkly pumps.

"And My parents and Aaliyah" Shawn says. "Doesn't Andrew have a date?" Shawn asks.

"Erm I'm not sure why?" I say as I look up from Luna to Shawn. Luna begins playing with bracelets clearly fascinated my the sparkle.

"Oh erm... no reason" he mumbles.

"Shawn, no more secrets" I remind him. He nods turning around and sits next to me

"Does he have a thing for you?" He asks making me giggle. "No, we just work together" I tell him honestly.

"Well he's always around you, you seem close" Shawn shrugs.

"Are you forgetting that I'm here with you? That I sleep in your arms and that I love you" I place my hand on his cheek feeling his jaw relax. "Right, I'm being silly. I love you and I'm sorry" he shakes his head then takes my hand kissing my knuckles.

"Can we go Mummy?" Luna tugs on my dress. "Yep, lets go" I nod taking Her hand.

-
"Congratulations Heather" my dad hugs me as we sit down at our table, of course at Diempo.

"Thank you dad" I smile sitting down beside Shawn and Luna on my other side. Andrew opposite me, I didn't want him to feel excluded as he didn't bring a date.

Karen and manny also congratulate me, I was so happy in this moment.

"Everybody can I have your attention" my dad stands up. He always loved making a statement, he stands and everyone at the table looks at him. "I want to make a toast, to my beautiful daughter. You've come so far in life, raised so well, amazing job and you have a family of you own" he says.

I squeeze Shawn's hand as he says the word 'family'.

"This year has been a change for you so I'm toasting to change" he raises his champagne glass and we all do the same. I clink my glass with Shawn's and Luna's orange juice, she giggles then copies me as I drink.

"We're also proud of you Heather, this is amazing" Karen says to me. "Shawn definitely got lucky with you" manny pitches in.

"I did eh" Shawn chuckles.

"Erm Heather, can I have a minute?" Lola asks me. I nod getting up and I send Shawn and my dad a smile before leaving.

We both stop and she faces me with a look of proudness on her face. "Heather, I know I'm not your mother and I would never take her place but I just want to let you know that I'll always treat you like a daughter, I'm so proud of you and I know that your mother is watching" she finishes.

I move forward and wrap my arms around her. "Thank you Lola, I really do appreciate you for everything you've done" I let go and she clutches on to my hands.

"You've done well for yourself, like your father said. Amazing job, house, car and now a family. I know a child is much but your handling it so well, I see the love in his eyes for you and that's really special" she says squeezing my hand.

I send her a smile and thank her again then we go back inside.

"Everything okay?" Shawn asks me.

"Everything is perfect" I grin. "Good" he pecks my lips then continues eating.