64

"Is this what it's always going to be like?"
Heather Flores

It's now October 13th. Everything had been going so well. Me and Shawn would drop off Luna in the morning, we would go to work, he would pick her up and sometimes we'd get food or go to the park after or even just go home and fall asleep because we were so tired. I had to drop of Luna alone today as he had a meeting in the morning, I was a little nervous but what could go wrong.

"Bye my love" I squeeze Luna in to a hug. "She's really good, she's a very sociable girl" Mrs Fielding says. Luna gets up and goes inside.

"Thank you Mrs Fielding, she loves it here" I tell her. "Please it's Ashley and I'm glad she does, she told everyone about you. How you're a doctor and was a ballerina"

"Wow I didn't realise she took that much interest in me" I say honestly.

"I'm sorry Mrs Mendes but I have to ask, are you her biological mother?" She asks me.

Mrs mendes the words ring in my ear.

I clear my throat looking up at her. "Erm it's Miss Flores but you can call me Heather and no" I gulp, I felt a stinging pain of hurt.

"Oh right, she doesn't look very much like you and you seem very young but I have to say she had your kindness" she smiles at me. "Thank you, I have to go now. Shawn will pick her up later" I say then walk away to my car.

This all hit me on the way to work. Luna looked nothing like me, I wasn't married to Shawn, he's older than me. Does everything think I'm using him? Or is it just me?
-

I had been in this operating room for far too long now. I had taken a few general appointments and two scans through out this morning and afternoon but I had felt like I had been operating for a life time.

Andrew was by my side as we did the knee surgery. It was approximately supposed to be two hours but we were over running our time.

"Heather, we just have to stitch up then the nurses can clean him up" Andrew says. I nod taking the tools and begin finishing the op.

We finally get out the operating theatre and let out a sigh of relief. "Tired?" Andrew nudges me.

"Definitely" I nod. "Hey it's already six do you wanna get some food?" He asks me but I shake my head. "No I can't, I need to check up on all patients on floor three north ward" I tell him whilst washing my hands.

"I can help if you want?" He shrugs. "Sure" I nod.
-
"Good night Heather!" Andrew shouts waving me off from his car. "Good night!" I shout back then get in my car. As soon as I get in Spence calls me asking to come over with Paige, I tell them yes obviously. We need a catch up.

I drive home and see that Shawn's car was parked up and all the house lights were off plus Spence and Paige were stood outside.

I quickly got out rushing over to them. "Why didn't you guys knock?" I ask them opening the door.

"because we got here like an hour ago and Shawn was here and he looked angry so we got scared" Paige explains.

"Shh they might be sleeping" I hush them as we walk in to the living room were it was complete silence.

"Okay we'll sleep down here but under no circumstances will we get drunk" I tell them and they nod settling down. I go to the kitchen and immediately freeze when I see Shawn sat there on his phone drinking some brown liquor.

He looks up and meets my eyes but they looked filled with rage. "Hey why aren't you sleeping" I ask trying to settle the mood as I walk toward the sink grabbing a glass.

"Where have you been?" He asks. "Work"

"Did you forget about coming home? It's so late" He shoots standing up. "I'm sorry Shawn but I was busy, I had a ton of stuff to do" I explain.

"Well a text would've been nice" he scoffs. "Yeah sure. Next time I'm in the middle of an operation I'll just stop to text you" I shake my head and walk away but he pulls me back.

"Why did you invite Paige and Spence?" He asks like I had committed a crime. "Because they wanted to catch up" I shrug. "Am I not allowed to have friends?" I ask sarcastically.

"I'm not doing this now" he lets go off me then leaves going upstairs. I walk back in to the living room and see Spence holding a bottle of wine.

"I'll get the glasses" Paige says walking away. "Is this what it's always going to be like?" I ask Spence lying my head on his lap.

"I can't be home on time because of work, I barely see Shawn, maybe our sex life will seize to exist, he'll get mad, I'll cry, I barely see Luna, he's at work and I get asked if Luna is really mine, I get told I'm too young to be a mother then I come home and drink" I hadn't even started drinking yet but I felt completely drowsy.

"Shh Heather, it's not going to be like that. You and Shawn are soulmates" he says.

_____
WOAHHHHH THANK YOU SO MUCH

_____WOAHHHHH THANK YOU SO MUCH