87

"The bean is kicking"
Shawn Mendes

"You look lovely Mrs Mendes" Doctor Gregory smiles at Heather as we walk in. It was just the two of us today as Luna was sleeping over at violets.

Mrs Mendes

I couldn't wait for it to be real. We still hadn't mentioned the wedding but I was ready to do it whenever she was.

Heather got up on the bed and I sat on the chair beside her holding her hand as both watched the gel get rubbed on her stomach.

"So I know you're a doctor yourself Heather but I'll have to tell you everything as it's basic procedure" Doctor Gregory said the placed the wand in heathers stomach.

"Okay so today hopefully we'll be able to detect the heart beat and also find out the gender. Would you guys like to know?" She asks.

"No" we both say at the same time causing Heather to look at me giggling. "Okay that's fine, are you planning a gender reveal?" She asks moving the wand around.

"Hopefully" I say giving heathers hand a squeeze.

"Okay look here" Doctor Gregory points to the screen and there our baby was. "Oh my god" Heather whispers.

"That's the head, two arms, two legs the whole lot" she says pointing to everything. I look down at Heather seeing a big smile on her face. "Are you ready for the heartbeat?" She asks.

Me and Heather both nod. "Wait" Heather says. "Erm we should close our eyes and then could you play it please" Heather asks them looks up at me.

"Of course" she nods. I wink down at Heather then we close our eyes, I bring heathers hand up to my lips and it goes silent.

Then we hear it. I feel my heart explode with joy. Heather squeezes my hand then we both open our eyes at the same time.

"That's our baby" she giggles. "Sounds amazing" I chuckle kissing the top of her head.

"I'll have that recorded and I'll get you guys a picture" Doctor Gregory says. "Thank you so much" I thank her.

"Also, can I give you my friends number so you can tell her the gender" Heather asks earring  yes. We soon get her cleaned up and are sat in the car.

She looks down at the black and white sonogram. I place a hand on her thigh making her look up at me with teary eyes.

"Don't cry love" I say gently leaning over the console to kiss her cheek. "I'm just really happy" she nods.

"I'm happy too" I couldn't contain my smile. All the way home I was filled with complete joy.
-
"Fuck" I hear Heather mumble. I walk in to the living room seeing her. She was lying on the sofa wearing a sports bra and leggings, her stomach was showing which made my heart flutter. She had a spoon in her mouth and I saw that she had dropped the tub of ice cream.

I walk over picking up the tub. "Uff you look sexy" I peck her lips crouching beside her. "So do you Shawn" she bats her eyelashes at me then puts the spoon and tub down using her hands to cup my cheeks. She then pulls my face towards her meeting my lips with a hungry kiss.

"Hmm babe" she hums letting her hands run through my hair. Heather then connects our lips again, her tongue moving into my mouth. "Shawn" she hums moving back kissing my jaw gently.

"Why are you so hot?" She whispers gripping my shirt in her hands she pulls me closer. "I could ask you the same babe" I chuckle.

"You know, you'd be sexy as a chef" she bites down on her bottom lip. I then look down seeing I was still wearing the red apron.

"Hmm would I?" I smirk. "What would you want to eat darling?" I help her sit up. I was on my knees looking up at her, my body between her legs.

"You" She giggles leaning down to kiss my forehead. I place my hands at her stomach gently moving them around her bump.

She then sits back watching me. "I love you so much" she lets out blowing a kiss to me.

I chuckle then pretend to catch the kiss. "I love you more baby girl" I kiss her stomach.

Holy crap what was that?

Heathers mouth gapes open then she sits up. "Kiss me again" she orders. I kiss her stomach again then she places a hand on her tummy. It was a light poke, it was a weird yet amazing feeling.

"The bean is kicking" She giggles. "Here" she takes my hand pressing it against her stomach then her hand rests over mine. "Fuck" I curse.

"Our baby is moving" she smiles widely at me. I look up at her bringing her face down to kiss her lips, it was kinda harsh but enjoyable.

Her small hands then push me back lightly. "I don't think the bean likes when you kiss me" she says placing her hands back at her stomach.

"You think it's a girl?" I ask. "Like she wants all my attention?" I grin kissing her stomach.

"Shut up, if it's a girl she'll be a mummy's girl" she tells me like she knew she was right.