40

"All the pretty lights"
Shawn Mendes

"Hi mum" I give her a hug as I walk in. "And hi lovely Luna" I scoop her up in my arms holding her close as I go to sit down in the kitchen.

"How's Heather?" My mum asks as she begins to make some tea. "She had work today" I say looking down at Luna taking her toy horse I pretend that it's running across the table.

"Aaliyah told me what happened on your birthday, I hope you apologised" mum says with a serious tone.

"Of course I did, I made her dinner and she accepted my apology but I'll always feel guilty" I say sadly. "Well if you love each other you'll learn to get over it" She then hands me a cup of tea and I put Luna down on the chair beside me.

"And Shawn I've realised that Luna has started calling her mum" my mum raises her eyebrow.
"Erm yeah, she accidentally said it and Heather got all worried but it feels natural you know" I shrug.

"I think it's really sweet that she takes care of Luna like her own" my mum smiles. "Does she want kids of her own?"

"Oh I'm not sure, we've been together for four months now, I think it was March sixth and we haven't really talked about the future." I shrug.

"Well maybe you should soon, you should know if this is serious" my mum suggests. "Yeah, I will but I think it is serious we said we love each other and Luna called her mum" I say.

"And that's great Shawn but you don't want anything bad happening then Luna wondering where her mum went". I hate to admit it but my mum was right, when was she not.

"Yeah I'll talk with her, I'm gonna go now thanks for keeping Luna" I get up giving my mum a hug. "It's okay hun" she kisses Luna then we leave.
-
"Daddy! auntie Kelly said mummy is here!" Luna giggles running in to my office. "Did she?" I ask, I wasn't expecting for her to come over. She was so tired in the morning she had no energy for work and she had just finished it's already half seven.

I see her open the glass door and Luna runs in to her arms. "Hi baby girl" Heather kisses her cheeks. "Mummy look!" Luna holds her hand dragging her to the window.

"All the pretty lights" Luna says her eyes going wide as she stares outside. I get up hugging Heather from behind. "So pretty" I whisper in her ear giving her a kiss on her cheek.

"You look nice" she tells me leaning her head back letting out a small yawn. "Thanks babe, I wear stuff like this everyday" I laugh a little referring to my black shirt and black slacks.

"Oh I got your gift" she says moving away from me to pull out a frame from her bag. "Oh I love it" I say looking down at the photo of Luna hugging Heather and I was hugging them both, it was taken on heathers birthday right after I gave her the necklace. "Paige took the photo" she tells me.

"I'll put it right here"I place it down on my desk beside the frame of Luna. She lets out a yawn again covering her mouth with her hand. "You know the couch is pretty comfy if you want to sleep for a bit" I tell her rubbing her shoulders gently.

"I wanna take a nap!" Luna says rushing beside Heather. "Come on then" Heather picks up Luna taking her to the sofa. They both take their shoes off and Heather lies down spooning Luna.

I quickly take a picture of them then go over kissing Luna's forehead.

"I love you Heather" I tell her then she pecks my lips. "I love you more" she yawns then settles down, both of them drifting to sleep.

After half an hour Kelly walks in quietly. "Now that is adorable" she whispers pointing to Luna and Heather.

"I know" I nod smiling at the sight of them. "Anyway I have news" Kelly continues to whisper as she sits opposite me.

"We have a deal in Paris and it requires you to go for four days" Kelly says.

"When?"

"August 14th and you're back here on the eighteenth" she tells me sliding a folder towards me. I open it up and my eyes widen. "Thats a ton a money" I gasp.

"And good thing is they only want ten percent of majority of our clients and they'll invest all that money every month and they'll do it anonymously" Kelly grins.

"This is amazing" I say. "Set up the meeting Kelly and erm book me three tickets" I tell her.

"I've already set up the meetings but I know she has a busy schedule don't you want to ask her first?" Kelly asks getting up.

"I'll handle it" i say. "I hope it works out and I'm coming too, for all the paper work and I'll look after Luna one day so you can spend time with your girl" she smirks then walks away. I loved Kelly I hired her on my first day because of her wits and she was so good at reading people, she was also a lot older than me which showed through her humbleness and wisdom.

It gets me thinking do I need to tell Heather or ask her or can I just surprise her? Will she be too busy and not be able to come?