38

"He said I cheated when we played connect four when I didn't"
Heather Flores

"I'm sorry for crashing at your place last night" Andrew apologies as we walk into my office. "It's okay" I say sitting at my chair when I see a note at my desk.

"Erm was I booked for a surgery today?" I ask him going over to my calendar. "shit I was too, theatre 4" he says he rushes out quickly.

I quickly prepare and thank the gods that I have something to occupy me so I don't have to think about Shawn. "Give me stats" I say walking into the theatre seeing Andrew already there.

"You're leading Heather, it's an appendix removal. Max time two hours op" a nurse tell me. I nod putting on my gloves.

"I'm glad you have a distraction, I don't wanna see you sad again" Andrew says to me. I pull my mask up before giving him a small smile. "Me too" I say then we begin operating.
-
"Another successful op doc" Andrew nudges me as we tidy up all the equipment. "Yep" I nod taking my gloves off along with my disposal coat. Andrew does the same and we walk out.

"You have an appointment right now" Ness tells me. "Who is it?" I ask. "I'm not sure, Paige told me to tell you and Andrew you have a booking do you wanna check it out?" Andrew nods following Ness.

I open my office door and my heart races. "Momma!" Luna hops of Shawn's lap. I crouch down giving her a big hug. "I missed you Mummy" she kisses my cheek, it still makes me smile when she calls me that.

"I missed you too baby" I kiss her cheek. She follows me to my chair and sits on my lap. I look down at my papers not wanting to look up at Shawn.

"Where did you go?" She asks me. "I was feeling poorly so auntie Paige looked after me" I tell her. "Did you come to daddy's party?" She asks.

"No love" I answer simply.

"Heather" Shawn says. I hum a yes not looking up. "Please look at me" he says I can hear the hurt in his voice.

"Are you angry at daddy?" Luna asks me. "Yeah I am" I say writing down random stuff. "Why?"

"He said I cheated when we played connect four when I didn't" I tell her. I finally look up at Shawn seeing his handsome face, he still looks so good despite his eye bags, red eyes, a small bruise at the side of his face, his hoodie and sweatpants.

"Uh oh" Luna gets off my lap taking my hand tugging me to stand up, she lead me in front of Shawn and tugs his hand to tell him to stand up.

He gets up looking down at me and I look down at Luna. "Daddy say sorry" Luna tells him. I let out a small laugh at her demanding tone.

"Heather" he puts a hand on my cheek making me want to fall in to his arms and have him hold me forever. "I'm really sorry, I shouldn't have shouted at you, I should've let you explain and I hate myself for pushing you I really do, please hit me back or say something to me" he pleads. I look up meeting his sad eyes.

"I did explain and you called me a liar" I tell him. "You accused me of the worse thing ever Shawn, it really hurt because all I was trying to do was make you happy" I say moving his hand away.

I look down at Luna seeing her placing the rubix cube I had on my desk. "I know and I wish I could I take it all back" he says putting his hands on my waist.

"I still love you" he says. "And I love you but what you did and said made me feel so hurt" I tell him honestly.

"I'll do anything to win you back Heather, absolutely anything. I promise I'll never lay a hand on you again. It was eating me up inside when I arrived at the party knowing my girl had done this for me and I treated you like that" he confesses.

"I forgive you Shawn because I love you but you still hurt me" I let out in a whisper. I wanted so bad to shout at him, hit him, cry and tell him what he said was like a punch to the face and call me crazy for forgiving him so easily but love makes you do crazy things, especially when the love you feel is for someone like Shawn.

"I don't deserve you" he presses his forehead against mine. "Don't you ever shout at me again because I cry when I'm sad or angry" I tell him.

"I promise" he lets out a shaky breath. "Can I kiss you?" He asks. I don't reply I just press my lips to his, feeling his smooth lips against mine.

I pull back looking in to his love sick eyes. "And next time please don't assume anything, just talk to me normally and I'll do the same, I don't want to loose you" I say leaning my head on his chest.

"I don't want to loose you" He kiss the top of my head. "Did you fix up your bruise?" I ask him. "No doc" he chuckles. "Come on" I lead him to the chair pulling out my first aid box.

"Are you friends now with daddy?" Luna asks standing up observing as I cleaned his face. "Yep" I nod.

"Goody!" She giggles. "Daddy couldn't sleep" she tells me.

"He said he wanted you" Luna says. "Did you tell Luna that?" I ask Shawn laughing a little.

"Of course I did, we both missed you even if it was for the night" he shrugs pecking my lips again.