51

"I thought I was going to have one of you"
Heather Flores

"So?" I sit up as Andrew walks back in with the nurse. "Miss Flores, it was negative you're not pregnant" she tells me.

"Oh" I look down at my hands. How could I feel upset for something I never I had? Or maybe didn't want.

"I'll give you a minute" she gives me a small smile the leaves me with Andrew.

"You okay?" He asks sitting beside me. I wipe my tear and look up at him. "Yeah, it's quite silly for me to be crying. I'm too young and I have my job you know. Maybe I ate something wrong? I have Luna and Shawn and my life and-"

"It's okay Heather" he tells me. I lean on to his shoulder and he wraps an arm around me. "It's okay to feel upset, maybe now you know what you really want" he tells me softly rubbing my back.

"Maybe" I shrug. "Should I tell Shawn?" I ask him looking up. "I think you should" he nods.

I get up and wipe my tears. "Do I look okay? Like I haven't just been crying?" I ask him. "You look fine" he smiles.

"Thank you Andrew" I give him a quick hug then leave the room immediately bumping in to Ness.

"You have a four o'clock and why were you in there? Isn't that the ultrasound rooms?" She asks.

"Erm yeah, just checking the equipment" I nod. "Okay your four o'clock is here" she smiles then walks away.

I make way to my office opening the door seeing a woman with her baby. A fucking baby.

"Hi I'm Doctor Flores, you can call me Heather" I smile shaking her hand.

"Hi I'm Lilly and this is my little gem, Ruby" the little girl squeals throwing her arms in the air. "Oh hi ruby" I smile stroking her cheek.

Her small chubby, rosy cheeks. Her eyes widen and she makes grabby hands. "You can hold her if you like" Lilly ushers me to take her. I take her in my arms mimicking the way she held her.

"Is it okay if I go to the toilet, I have twins on the way and lets just say I'm always running to the bathroom" she chuckles then leaves the room.

Me and this baby. I sit down and hold her in my lap. "You're so adorable" I speak to her knowing I won't get an answer.

"I thought I was going to have one of you" I stroke her cheek making her giggle. "My own little angel" my voice cracks and I'm so thankful no one can see me.

Ruby giggles then rests her head against my chest. My heart completely clenches, I imagine myself sitting in bed, a small baby, my baby lying against my chest as I speak to her.

"Thank you so much, I hope she wasn't trouble" Lilly walks back in, taking ruby off of me.

"She's perfect"
-

I sat in my living room, I haven't really been here in a while, I spend most my time at Shawn's which of course I love. I just forgot how many hours I worked on getting everything perfect.

Soon a knock on the door disturbs my peace, I go over opening the door to see Shawn and Luna.

"Hi gorgeous" I level with her and give her a hug picking her up. "Mummy can we eat" she asks making me chuckle.

"Of course darling" I begin walking to the living room and Shawn follows. He squeezes my bum making me stop and look at him. "Hi handsome" I lean up kissing his lips.

"Hi honey" he kisses my lips.

"I'll go get some food" I put Luna down and make way to the kitchen.

I soon return with some pizza I had put in the oven before they came. "Here you go" I put it down on the table and give Luna a slice and Shawn didn't want any.

"Come here" he holds my hand pulling me to sit next to him whilst Luna eats and plays with toys and also watches Paw patrol.

"What's up?" I ask him looking down at our hands. "What happened this morning? You looked so upset." He sounded genuinely worried for me.

I should just tell him now.

"Oh erm, well this it's hard for me to say" I mumble looking up to meet his loving eyes. "It's okay, take your time" he rubs my hand with his thumb.

"So I was starting to feel sick when we came back from Paris, I threw up and felt sickly when I drank coffee. I brushed it off because I hate when I'm ill because I feel like I can't do anything and I hate feeling like that-"

"You're rambling hun" he chuckles. "Oh sorry, I got to work and threw up yesterday and erm Andrew, you know Andrew the other doctor I work with he's so nice-"

"You're doing it again, just tell me straight love"

"I took a pregnancy test and got an ultrasound" I let out, I hadn't even realised I was crying now. "Are you pregnant?" He asks.

"No" I cry, I lean in to his chest and begin sobbing. "I shouldn't be crying" I cry even more. "I never had a baby, I was never pregnant" I whisper.

"Oh darling" he rubs my back. He kisses the top of my head again and again. "Do you want a baby?" He asks.

I look up at him and gulp. "I don't know, I guess I just hyped myself up, the thought of it you know. I also had an appointment with this baby today and it got me emotional" I shrug. He nods wiping my tears.

"I guess I don't want one right one but I do want one Shawn" I tell him.

"Well when ever your ready, I'll be more than happy to take you to bed and we can try all night" He kisses my cheek.

I giggle at his cheekiness. "I mean it Heather, I'll have another baby whenever you want" he kisses my lips.

"Thank you" I kiss his lips then my lips to linger against his. "You don't have to thank me, we're in it together right?" He asks.

"We are" I nod leaning closer to kiss him for longer. My stomach doing flips.

"Mummy!" Luna squeals jumping on to my lap. I quickly pull back and look at her. "I want to cuddle" she pouts.

"Oh my baby" I pout, I take her in to a hug and she cuddles in to my side and lean on to Shawn's shoulder.

His phone rings loudly making Luna jump. "You gonna get that" I ask him. He looks down at his phone nodding.

"I'll be back" he pecks my lips then goes to the kitchen.

"So luna should we watch Moana?" I ask her earning a very loud and enthusiastic yes.