49

"W-what's the date?"
Heather Flores

Shawn was already asleep, he took the tablets I told him to take and went to bed, he held Luna in his arms. Both of them looking peaceful.

I couldn't help but wonder if he was lying to me, of course I trusted him but he didn't sound believable so I grabbed my phone leaving the room calling Kelly.

"Hi Heather are you okay?" She immediately says. "Yeah I'm fine Kelly, I'm just calling because I wanted to know if everything is okay at Shawn's work" I sit down in the living room looking over the several photos we had put up.

"Heather he's fine, just stressed" her voice was kind of shaky which obviously made me suspicious. "Kelly please tell me and I'll do anything I can to help".

"You should talk to him Heather, I'm sorry" she sighs. "Okay, thank you anyway and I think he's coming back in tomorrow so please just keep an eye out for me"

"Of course, good night Heather."

"Good night Kelly" I end the call and make my way upstairs.

I go over and kiss Shawn's forehead but he begins to stir. "What is it love?" He asks taking my hand.

"I have to go home, I just need to sort some stuff out for work since I missed so much" I tell him, I felt incredibly guilty for leaving.

"Don't go gorgeous, please" he kisses my hand repeatedly. "Don't worry I'm coming to check up on you tomorrow, all my files and folders are at home" I say.

"Okay, I love you and text me when you get home" he pulls me down kissing my lips. "I will, good night love" I peck his lips once more.

-

I got to work in the morning, my desk already stacked and my calendar more than full of appointments.

"Here's your coffee and you have a meeting today, a very important one" Ness tells me. "Thank you and who is it with?" I ask her just as Andrew approaches us. I start drinking my coffee but I tasted different.

"With me, I'm becoming your partner as junior head. Also you'll be my mentor" he smiles. "Congratulations that's amazing" I give him a hug. He squeezes my body and suddenly I gag, feeling completely embarrassed I pull back and hold my hand over my mouth.

I grab a paper bag that was on Ness's desk and throw up inside it. I stay for second then move the bag looking up at Andrew and Ness.

"Here" he hands me a bottled water. "Go sit down Heather, you can take sit down one on ones today" Ness gives me a smile. I nod taking my bag of throw up putting it in the bin then I walk to my office rubbing my temples.

"Hey Heather wait up" Andrew calls. I open the door to my office and keep it open for him to walk in. "You threw up yesterday right? Twice?" He asks me as I sit down.

"Yeah" I nod logging on to my computer. "And you didn't like your coffee eh?"

"Well it tasted a bit weird, I'm guessing Ness just forgot sugar or something" I shrug.

"Heather I don't want to make you uncomfortable but when was your last period?"

I look up at him and feel my eyes go wide. "W-what's the date?" I ask him.

"August twenty first"

"Andrew I-"

"I'll book you an ultrasound" he says giving me a smile. "I can't be pregnant" I shake my head not wanting to believe it.

"Heather it's okay if you don't want a baby, just take this one step at a time. I can book you in tomorrow" He says.

"Okay" I nod. I couldn't believe it. Was I that dumb not to take my pill? Forget my period?

"Who knows maybe a baby is a good thing" he shrugs. "You're so amazing with children" he smiles at me.

"Right, can we just move on to your meeting now?" I ask him sitting up from my slouched position.

"Yeah of course" he smiles.
-

"Mummy" Luna giggles running up to me. I drop my bag and crouch down opening my arms. Her small body hugs mine, her head buried in to my shoulder. I breath in deeply closing my eyes. "Hi Luna" I kiss the top of her head.

Maybe I do want a baby, one of my own. One that I could call mine. Yes I had Luna and she was mine but not really. Maybe I wanted to experience the pregnancy and hear the first cries and-

"Mummy can we go on the swings?" She asks me snapping me out of my thoughts. I let her go and stand up mumbling a yes. She leaves my hand and Shawn holds it.

"Hi mama" he kisses my cheek, he recently started calling me that which I kinda love. "How are you feeling?" He asks me.

"I'm good, how about you? Anything happened?" I ask leading him towards the swing.

"Nope I'm good, I missed you" he squeezes my hand. "Are you okay? You seemed out of it for a few minutes?"

"Yeah I'm okay, now come push me on the swing" I giggle sitting beside Luna.

I watch her giggle and laugh, kiss Shawn on the cheek. I see how he holds her, does anything she says. Will he do that for my baby?

Will he even accept it?

I know we talked about it in Paris and he seemed keen on the idea.

I do want one. I want a baby, my own small being.