36. TORTURE

Jellybean Jones

     "Please don't hurt me.." I whisper. "Scared, little girl?" She asks. "You should be."

      She sliced my wrist and I screamed in pain. "Answer the damn question!" She shouted.

      "I'm not telling you anything!" I say, kicking her away.

      She just laughed and sliced my arm, again. But it was deeper this time. Much deeper.

"Tell me!" She shouted, spraying spit on my face. I shook my head and she stepped on my leg. I screamed in pain as I heard a sickening crack.

      My vision blurred. I felt another gash in my arm and I blacked out.

• • •

I slowly opened my eyes. I was in the same spot as before.

"Okay, Forsythia. Here's your last chance," Someone behind me pressed an ice cold gun to my temple.

"Where is your brother?" She says. "I'm not telling you, you bitch!" I shout.

"That's it." She said.

I guess this was my end. I've never given much thought to how I would die. I certainly didn't think the reason I'd die would be because I was kidnapped and didn't answer a question.

"Get the f*** away from my sister!" I hear a calming voice yell.

I calmed down a bit.

But then I heard a gunshot and felt blood trickling down my body. That's when I passed out.

• • •

I woke up to the sound of beeping. I opened my eyes to see a cast on my left leg and stitches on my arms.

"I'm hungry." I mumble, feeling my stomach growl.

A hear a chuckle and someone moving around. "Hey, JB." Jughead smiles. "Is that the first thing you say when you wake up?"

I just smile. "What happened?" I ask. I couldn't think back to what happened at all. It's like I was brain washed.

"Penny Peabody broke your leg and sliced your arm." He says. I winced.

The door bursted open and a doctor came in. "I'm gonna give you a shot. If it comes back negative you are free to go. But you need crutches for four weeks." She said. I frowned.

"I don't like needles." I say to Jughead, wincing as she pulled one out of a thing.

"You're such a child." Jughead joked, taking my hand. I laughed a little, but squeezed my eyes shut when she poked into my skin.

"Alright, Wait here for your results." The nurse said. Jughead nodded and she walked out.

"It was Veronica's Dad." I inform Jughead. He looks at me confusedly.

"Veronica's Dad and Penny work together. Penny kept asking me where you were and never answered. I saw Hiram Lodge by a black car. She might've wanted to know so she can tell him and he could find you." I explained.

"Wow, how'd you think of that smart stuff?" Jughead asks, sarcastically. I smile at him and he grins.

I hesitated to ask. "D-did you shoot her?"

"No." He says. "B-but I heard a gunshot." I exclaimed.

"I shot Hiram. Thankfully no one is pressed charges. Veronica isn't even one big mad at me but her mother is. Everyone in Riverdale's debts are getting payed." He smiles.

Just as I was about to ask another question, the door opened and the same nurse walked in. "Negative", She said. "You're free to go." She handed me the crutches and Jughead steadied me as I hopped off the hospital bed.

As I crutched out of the hospital, something felt different. I felt s horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. The bad stuff isn't over yet. Penny is still out there and she might be contacting the orphanage.