19. BROKEN

I NEED SUGGESTIONS! THEY MOTIVATE ME TO WRITE THESE CHAPTERS!

     During the night I overheard footsteps. I get out of my bed and grab handcuffs.

      I walk into the hall to see Jellybean making her way slowly towards the door. "Going somewhere?" I ask, making her jump.

     "N-no, I was just going to..ch-check the door.." she says nervously. I grab her arm. "Jug, let go!" She said.

      I handcuff her right hand to the fridge handle. "I knew you were sneaking out to play again." I say while locking the cuffs. "Jughead, you're insane!" She yells.

"No, you are. You're like an addict. You're addicted to this game," I yell back. "You aren't leaving this house again until Betty and I have cleared up every last game book and board." I tell her, and then storm off outside to the Whyte Wyrm.

"Jughead, wheres JB?" Toni asks as I walk towards her. "I handcuffed her to the fridge." I admit, slightly annoyed. "What," she asks. "Why?"

"She's been playing G&G with her psycho classmates." I exclaimed.

"Dude, that's insane!" Toni says. "I know." I shake my hand. "No, it's insane you handcuffed her! At least lock all the windows and doors." Toni says.

"Yeah, don't be such an overprotective piss." Sweet Pea says from behind me. "Shut up, Sweet Pea. No ones talking to you." Toni says, annoyed.

"I don't like being told to shut up by a girl." Sweet Pea says. "Why, you got a problem? Because I can do more then say shut up. I'll make you shut up." Toni warns angrily. "Toni." I say.

"Sorry, Jug," She gives Sweet Pea the finger and turns back to me. I roll my eyes. "What were we talking about?" She asks.

"JB." I say. She nods.

• • •

As I approach the trailer park I hear people talking inside. One of the voices I heard was JB. Another was the voice of honey. Betty.

I unlock the door to see JB and Betty talking. "Oh, hey Jughead." Betty greets, kissing my cheek. "Hey, Betz." I say, heading to my room.

I get my beanie and out it back on after brushing my hair, and I change my clothes. I brush my teeth and walk out again. "Wanna ride to school with us?" I ask Betty. "Well, I don't wanna barge in.." She Says.

"No, Betz, you won't." I smile. She smiles back. "Ew." JB cringes. I glare at her and Betty laughs. "Sorry." I mutter while putting my Serpent jacket back on.

     Jellybean gets her Serpent jacket on and we head into my car.

     Once we arrive, I tell Betty she can head to class. I crouch down in front of Jellybean, two inches below her height. "Once your classes end, come right back to me, or I'll have Sweet Pea and Fangs track you down. I don't need you to go into the hospital again." I remind her.

     "I'm fine Jug." She groans. I pat her shoulder and head to my classes.

•     •     •

     Betty and I were currently in the Newspaper room, looking for more manuals.

     "Find anything?" I ask as I search through a shelf. "Actually, yes," She says.

     I meet her at the table and look at the book she's opening. "This yearbook is from when our parents were in high school. And look.." she flips the page to the 'L's' and points to Hiram Lodge's name.

     "His photo is crossed out." She points. There was a blood colored cross on his picture.

      "Hey, what's this?" I ask, pointing to a drawing by his name.

     It had three dots in the top and a smile on the bottom.

     "Look at the manual." I say. Betty opens the G&G manual and flips through it. I stop it when it reaches the end. 'H.R.' was written, underneath this sort of gargoyle drawing.

     The door bursts open, Toni walking in. "Jones, we got a problem here." Toni said. I was a little pissed she didn't knock.

     "What's up?" I ask, crossing my arm. "Jellybean, she got poisoned or something. That gay guy called 911, she's—" I push past her and run down the hall to see Sweet Pea carrying a corpse with blue lips. She was still breathing.

     "What the hell." I whisper before taking her from Sweet Pea. The ambulance arrives a minute later and straps her onto this table thingy.

     I can't even think of anything except my sister. Dying, almost, again. And she might actually die. For real this time.