33. GREENDALE

(IM JUST GOING TO DO JELLYBEAN's SIDE OF VACATION.)

Jellybean Jones

     The next morning, I woke up to Jughead's loud alarm clock. I groan and roll over, shutting my eyes tightly.

     "C'mon, JB. Up." Jughead said. "No." I refused tiredly.

     Jughead sighs. "Well, I guess that you can stay here alone." He sighs, jokingly. I sit up swiftly and he laughs. "Pack your stuff." He tells me.

     While Jughead went to make some quick breakfast, I grabbed a suitcase from under my bed and started packing.

     My items that I packed were a hairbrush, clothes, pajamas, socks, slippers, and my iPod and its charger.

     I ran inside the kitchen, grabbed a pop tart, and ate it swiftly.

"Ready?" Jughead asked. I put on my Serpent jacket.

"Ready."

• • •

Once we arrived outside the Whyte Wyrm, Jughead told me, "Text me if anything happens. I love you." He kisses my forehead. "Bye, Jughead." I say, waving as he walked away.

"So," Toni said. "Ready to to go?"

I nod, and we pile into a worn-out looking minivan. Sweet Pea and Toni in the front, and Cheryl, Fangs, and I in the back.

"How much longer till we get there?" I ask as Toni pulls out of the lot.

"Like, an hour." She answered. I sighed.

• • •

We were halfway there, and it was starting to rain.

"How can you even see?" Sweet Pea asked. "It's not raining that hardly." Toni responded, sheepishly.

"No, I mean you're so small, how do you even see past the wheel?"

Fangs and Sweet Pea laughed at Sweet Pea's snide comment.

I bite my lip so I don't laugh. "Shut up. No more talking trash about my TT." Cheryl snaps.

"Calm down, fascist Barbie." Fangs said. Toni slapped Sweet Pea's arm.

"Chill out, Topaz." Sweet Pea says. "You do not act like your name, do you?" I ask Sweet Pea.

Fangs and Toni laugh, and I do the same. This was one of the few times I could be happy. One of the few times I can be free of serial killers.

• • •

"Finally." Toni said as she pulled up to a hotel. I grabbed my suitcase, wheeling it towards the building, following the others.

"Room for Topaz?" The lady asked. All five of us raised our hands. Her eyes widened as she examined Cheryl and Toni's connected hands.

"Um, excuse me," She said. Toni looked at her with a glare. "We need to have you two be...child appropriate here."

Toni's glare turned into a death glare. She made her way towards the woman. "Why don't you come over here and say that to my face?"

She balled her fist, and Sweet Pea yanked her away.

Cheryl sent another glare at the lady before heading to the stairs with me and the others.

"That lady's such a bitch!" Toni yells as we enter our room.

"I agree." I say, heading to my bed and unpacking. "How long are we staying here?"

"For the weekend," Toni says.

"What're we going to do here?" Toni asks. I shrug. "I thought we were protecting her from the orphanage." Sweet Pea says. Everyone goes silent. "What the hell, moron!" Cheryl snapped.

     "What..." I trail off, thinking about what they just said.

     "JB," Toni says. "You, uh, you should go to sleep."

     I run to my small bedroom and climb into the bed, crying. No...no, no, no!! I cannot be sent back to the orphanage! I would've died there if I hadn't escaped.

     And maybe the only way to save myself and save my loved ones is to escape. To run away.