17. MURDER

The next day at the hospital didn't go as well as I thought it would.

Jellybean was upset and angry about something and wouldn't talk to anyone except the doctors. She was scheduled to leave in a couple of days.

"Jellybean, please talk to me. We are so worried." Betty said. Jellybean just looked at her. "Forsythia, just say a word." I say. She shook her head.

"Forsythia Jones please talk to me!" I say loudly. And then I regret it. "I-I'm sc-scared, J-Jughead." She trembled.

I rushed to her side. "Sh, you don't have to be scared. You are safe. We were just worried about you." I exclaimed.

"It-it's n-not th—behind you!" She yelled. I back up and turn around to see the Black Hood, waving a knife in the window.

I pick up JB and grab Betty's arm. "Run!" I shout. Archie and Veronica speed out from the waiting room and follow us.

We walked to the nearest stairwell. There lied a bloody nurse. Jellybean screamed and covered her eyes.

We ran across the hall to the other staircase which was empty. "Call 911." I tell Betty. She lets go of my hand and calls the cops. "N-no signal." She cried.

I grab her hand again and we continue running towards the door. "It's locked." Veronica said. Jellybean jumped out of my arm and kicked the door. "JB, don't.." Veronica whispered.

The glass shatters and created a small hole. I ran JB's hand and run through it. "He's coming!" Betty yelled. "Archie call your dad. Tell him to meet us at Pop's." I yell. "Got it!" He yelled back as we ran.

We didn't stop running—no matter how hard our feet hurt.

A blue car slowed down and met us at the side walk. It wasn't Fred Andrews.

"Kids, what're you doing?" Mayer McCoy asked. "A killer's chasing us let us in!" Betty yelled. She unlocked the door and we climbed inside. "No, it's okay Dad the Mayor found us." Archie told his dad on the phone.

"Did any of you call Sheriff Keller?" Mayor McCoy asks us while making a U-Turn. "No signal." Betty said.

"I don't wanna die." Jellybean whispered, harming her hands again. I grab her hands and gently shake them. "You won't. And I swear to god, no one will ever touch you again." I promised, hugging her. She rested her head on my shoulder.

"I just texted Kevin. His dad and the crew are going to investigate." Betty explained. "Thanks, Betz." I say. "No problem, Juggie." She replies. I smile.

The Mayor pulls up at the Sheriff's station. "It's safer here. Call your parents." She said. "Thanks for the ride." Archie told her. "Be safe." She reminded us. I picked up JB and we all ran inside.

As we run down the hall I see FP, my dad. "Dad, what're you doing?" I wonder. "Jughead, it wasn't me." He tells me before one of the cops takes him into the interrogation room.

Wasn't him? Of course it wasn't him, he was here.

"Dad, wait!" Jellybean cried. I grabbed her hand and pulled her away. "Jughead, l-let me go!" Jellybean yelled. I grabbed her and followed the others to Sheriff Keller's office.

"What's wrong?" He asked as we walked in. "Black Hood at the hospital." I explain as calmly as possible.

He stood up. "Stay in the waiting room. It's by Staircase A. The one with was couches." He forced a smile and ran towards the hall.

"ALL COPS IN THE EIGHT NINE TO THE HOSPITAL IMMEDIATELY." Sheriff Keller's voice echoed through the building. We made our way towards the waiting room.