29. KISS

Jellybean Jones

     The next morning I woke up with excitement. It was Christmas Eve, and tomorrow was Christmas. The only two days that I can be happy.

     Our school was on break until January 4th, so I didn't have to worry about Avia, Tylenol, or Reggie.

     I ran out of bed and into the living room to see Jughead sitting on the couch on his laptop.

     "Morning." He said without looking up. "Hi." I say.

     "Do you want to go to Cheryl's Christmas party tonight. She's hosting it for us since dad...." He trailed off and I nodded. "That's nice of her.." I say as I get a bowl of cereal out. "I guess I'll go."

"It's at seven to eleven thirty. Are you sure?" Jughead asks. "Yep. We just have to get home before twelve so Santa can come." I say.

After finishing my cereal I shower and get ready for the day.

"Want to go to the Whyte Wyrm?" Jughead asks. "Sure." I say.

When we arrive there I see Cheryl and Toni sitting at a table.

"So they are together." I say. "Yep." Jughead replies.

"Oh hey, Jones!" Toni calls.

Both me and Jug look at her and she motions for us to come.

     "What's up." Jughead asks. "Well, me and Toni just wanted to tell you guys that we are girlfriends!" Cheryl says.

     "Great." Jughead says happily. I guess he is used to..that stuff.

     "And we are sorry about your father, Jones." Toni said.

     "Yes. Sheriff Keller is a disgrace to this town. We need him moved out of here and a new cop in his place!" Cheryl says in an aggravated tone.

     Jughead just rolls his eyes and leads me to the bar. "You drink?" I ask, frightened.

     Jug laughs. "No. Want Sprite?" I nod.

     After drinking our soda, we left the bar and headed home.

     "You're not going to wear a tuxedo there. Right?" I ask.

     "Nope." Jughead laughs. "I don't understand. How is that funny?" I call while getting changed in my room.

      I put on a red dress. (On top) It wasn't too fancy, and it wasn't too....normal?

     I put my hair in a half ponytail and brushed my teeth once more. I checked my bedroom clock. It read 6:52pm.

     How did time go this fast?

     "Jellybean, c'mon." Jughead calls.

     "Okay, nitwit!" I yell and run out.

     He grins and we get into the car.

     "Will there be anyone my age there?" I ask as Jughead pulls up in front of a huge mansion.