16. SURPRISE ATTACK

Don't be afraid to comment and leave suggestions :)

     Once we arrived at Betty's, I picked the lock in her door and we ran upstairs. "Betty." I say. She jumped. "G-guys, what're you...doing...here?" She asked while breathing.

     "We escaped detention. Call up Archie!" Veronica said, hopping in Betty's bed. I sat beside Betty and JB sat on the floor.

     There was a tapping on the window. Archie yanked it up and hopped in. "What're you...Arch, you can get hurt!" Betty said.

     "It's fine." He said. "Okay, guys. Let's be serious here. Are any of you the black hood?" Veronica asked. "No!" Betty, Archie, and JB said. "Veronica, where the hell did that question come from?" I ask. I saw Jellybean hurting her palms again. Blood dribbled onto the floor.

     "Jellybean." I say. Before she could look up, there was a banging downstairs. "Kevin?" Betty asked. A wash of relief went through me, but it didn't last long.

     Someone starting stomping up the stairs. "Run!" I shout breaking open the window. The Black Hood ran towards us as I was pulling JB out the window.

     And then he stabbed her shoulder, blood dripping out. I didn't  care about the terrible ache in my arm as I carried JB into Archie's dad's car.

     "J-Juggie, I'm s-scared." JB whispered. She was laying down in the backseat. I put a towel on her wound to stop the blood flow. "It's okay, you're safe now." I say as calmly as possible, though tears were threatening to spill. "Am I gonna...d-die?" She whispers.

     "No, sweetie. No." I say, stroking her hair. "You're okay." I repeat. Archie's Dad carried her into the E.R.

     "Get me a doctor now. She was stabbed." Fred yelled. The lady at the front desk said, "You have to wait."

     "Get me a damn doctor now! My sister's dying!" I shout at her.

     She dials something while glaring at me and a bunch of paramedics rush over to us, strapping JB to the wheel-y table.

     "J-Jughead, no!" She cried, trying to get up as they strapped her arms down. Her hands were bleeding, her shoulder. Was she gonna die?

•     •     •

     Betty, Archie, Veronica, and I sat in the waiting room. I was pacing the floor. Will she die? Will she die? That question kept repeating in my mind.

      I only calmed down when I felt Betty's soft lips on mine. "Don't worry, Jug. I'm sure she'll be fine." She said, leading us to a seat across from Archie and Veronica.

     "But, what if she isn't fine? We should've stayed in detention." I shook my head. "Is your arm okay?" Betty asked. "Yeah, it's fine." I snapped. I couldn't even focus on the pain while worrying about Jellybean.

     "I just need to see her. To know that she's alive." I say, getting up. "Where are you going?" Betty asked, following me. "I'm going to see Jellybean," I say, walking towards the front desk. "Can I see my sister? Forsythia Jones?" I ask the doctor. "Yes, she just got done." He said, leading me towards the room.

     "Be careful, please." He said before leaving. I nod and sigh, opening the door. "Jughead?" She whispered. I walked over to her. "Hey," I say. "How do you feel?" "I don't know." She said quietly.

     "What happened?" She asked me. A pain went through my body. "Uh, well you, um.." should I tell her the truth?

     She tried to sit up. "Why can't I—what's this?" She asks, looking at the restraints on her arms. "To stop you from self harm." I explained. "But I don't.." I cut her off. "Yes, you do." I point towards her bandaged hands.

     "Some zoo." She mutters. I smirk. "So, what hap-happened?" She asks me again. "Well, the Black Hood—" She tries to hurt her palms again. "—He—or she—stabbed you in the shoulder at Betty's house. Archie's Dad drove us here." I say, looking down and blinking the tears back.

     "Jughead," JB said. "Are we ever gonna be safe? Will he hurt us again?" She asks. "I...don't know." I respond.