3. NEW FRIEND

I sat in the backseat, buckling up, and then hugging my knees to my chest. I was still scared—I did not know where we were going—and I did not know what was going on.

     Jughead kept glancing worriedly at me in the rear view mirror as he drove to the unknown destination.

"Where are we going?" I repeat softly. "To the Whyte Wyrm." He replied. I shudder. What's the white worm?

Once we get there I hold Jug's hand as we walk inside. I felt very nervous as we walked into the building. There were lights everywhere and people everywhere.

"Sit here." Jughead ordered, motioning to a bench by the door. I sit there and look around as Jughead disappears into the crowd.

A guy walked up to me. "Are you Jughead's sister?" He asked. I stayed still. Should I answer? What if this guy kidnaps me. I wouldn't be able to protect myself—everyone here was taller than me.

"Dude, you're scaring her." A tan girl with pink hair budged in. "Hi, Forsythia. I'm Toni." She introduced herself. Once again, I didn't know to answer or not. How does she know my name?

"Nervous?" She asked. I nodded. "I know. Everyone here is very rude." She said, eyeing the guy. "I didn't do anything." He complained rudely. Toni rolls her eyes and sits next to me.

"So how old are you?" She asked me. "Ten." I whisper. "Pretty midgety for a ten year old." The guy said. "Shut up, Sweet Pea!" Toni said. I winced. "Did I scare you? I'm sorry." Toni apologized. "It's okay." I whispered.

After a few more minutes, Jughead came into view. "Thanks, Toni." Jughead said to the girl. "No problem, J. See you around." The girl and boy left. Jughead took my hand. "Where were you?" I ask.

"I had to take care of a few things." He exclaimed. It was dark out now. "Juggie, do you want me here?" I ask as he drives. I feel a tear run down my cheek.

He glances at me in the rear view mirror. "Of course, JB. I just don't think Riverdale is safe enough for you to be on your own." He exclaimed. He stopped the car. "Are you crying?" He asked me.

I try to hide my face before he spoke up. "JB. You are safe. And I love you, so does Dad. And I promise you that no one will ever hate you. No one." He reassured me. I look up, realizing as were home. "Promise?" I ask childishly. "Promise." He concluded.

• • •

Once I got changed into one of the two pairs of pajamas Betty brought me, I brushed my hair and teeth.

I walked into the living room. Jughead as sitting on the couch on his laptop, beanie still on. And Dad was in the kitchen. "Dad!" I say and hug him. "Hey, Jelly. Who got you those." He asked me, motioning towards my PJ's. "Juggie's girlfriend." I smile and look at Jughead who rolled his eyes. "That's nice." Dad said. "Go on to bed, JB. I'll be here in the morning this time." My dad said. "Okay." I hug Jughead and my dad goodnight before heading down the hall.

"Wait," Jughead voiced from behind me. I turn around. "You won't be sleeping in my room." He grinned. I was confused, but he set down his laptop and walked towards me. "Close your eyes." He ordered as he placed a hand lightly over my eyes. I grin, too, as he walks me into a room. He lifted his hand away.

There was a small bed in the corner by a low, wide window. A short but wide wardrobe against the wall, a small closet, and two shelves. "Welcome to your room." Jughead said.