10. HOSPITAL

I woke up to the sound of beeping. The room I was in stunk like wipes. Kind of like a dentist office. I opened my eyes to reveal a hospital room. I was currently lying in a hospital bed. I felt drowsy and really wanted to sleep.

I saw an IV in my arm that was probably making me feel sleepy. I reach down to yank it out, but someone grabs my arm away. "No, you don't." The voice of Jughead said. I looked up to see my older brother. "How do you feel?" He asks me. I point to my dry throat. "Thirsty?" He asks. I nod. "I'll get you some water."

He grabs a cup and fills it up with a water jug that was on a desk across the room. He hands it to me and says, "here you go." I sip it and try and talk again. No sound came out. I finish the cup and point to it. "More?" He asks. I nod and he refills the cup and hands it back. After I downed that I spoke up. "What happened?" I ask.

     "You has a seizure. I don't know what from, Veronica called the hospital." Jughead informed me. "What about Betty?" I wonder. "She's on her way. Archie can't come but he'll be here tomorrow." He said.

     "I can't go home?" I ask. "No, not today," He says. I look down. "But, hey. No school." I smile the tiniest bit. "Hold on." Jughead says. I wait where I am as Jughead leaves the room. I look out the windows into the black night and yawn. I fought against my eyelids and won, staying awake. Jughead came back in with Veronica.

     "Jellybean," she runs over to me. "How are you?" I shrug. "Feeling better?" She asks, hopefully. I nod. "That's good. So, Betty's gonna be here soon, okay? I told her to sneak in a milkshake from Pop's for you." Veronica smiled. I smile too. "Thank you." I say and then yawn.

     "Tired?" Juggie asks. I nod. "Get some sleep. The others will be here tomorrow when you wake up." He assures me. His voice fades as I doze off.

     *Dream* "Kill! Kill!" They were chanting while punching the person. Blood splattered everywhere and I screeched at the sight. They all look directly at me and ran.

     Right as they were about to hit me, I started screaming and choking. I woke up screaming. Jughead ran towards me. "Sedation," he yelled. He grabbed my arms and held them down. Everything was blurry. Tears bolted down my cheeks, and blurry figures stepped into view. "You're okay." Jug said.

     I felt a sharp pain in my hand and calmness washed through me. My eyelids dropped and my throat became dry. "Go to sleep, JB. You'll be okay." Jughead kept telling me reassuring words as darkness found its way into me.

•     •     •

*dream* they started running towards me. I couldn't move. One of them raised a gun and..

I started screaming again as I woke up. "Stop! Stop, stop!" I scream. Tears streamed down my face. I stopped screaming, but I was crying hysterically.

"Hey. Hey, hey, you're okay. Calm down." Jughead said. I tried taking deep breaths but that was impossible.

The door opened and a nurse walked in. She but a thing on my arm and there was a sharp pain, which had tears in my eyes again.

Then I started to feel drowsy after she left. "I don't wanna go to sleep." I mumbled. I don't think they heard me as my eyes drooped and I drifted off.

When I woke up from a dreamless, peaceful sleep, I saw Archie, Veronica, and Jughead. Veronica rushed towards me. "How do you feel?" She asked. She had a hopeful smile on her lips.

"I don't know," I say, quietly. "Where's Betty?" "She's...at home. But, she might come soon." She replied. "Oh." I say, disappointedly. "But, hey. You can go home today, I think." She said. "Really." I ask. "Yep."

Jughead walked over to me. "Southside School closed. They are sending us all to a Riverdale School." Jughead whispered. "With Betty?" I ask, smiling. He nods, and smiles, too.

"But," He whispered. "Cheryl will be there. So, try not to hurt her." "But what if I do?" I ask, worriedly. "I'll stop you. Wanna go to Pop's?" He asks. I nod.

A doctor comes in and checks my head, eyes, throat, ears, and takes a quick X-ray. "You can go." He says in a bored tone. Jughead takes my hand and we follow Veronica and Archie outside the hospital.

We walked down the street to the diner. As we went inside, I saw a blonde ponytail. I immediately walked towards her. "Betty!" I say. "Oh, hey Jellybean. How are you?" She asks. "I'm okay." I say. The others sit down.

I got a chocolate milkshake. "So, JB. We need to tell you something." Jughead said. "What is it?" I ask.

"There was a teen of the Fourth of July. He was shot," I squeezed my hands. "And, there is a killer in town. We just found out yesterday—" I cut Jughead off. "Why didn't you tell me?" I ask. "I didn't want you to worry. But remember, you are safe. I won't let anyone hurt you and Betty." Jughead said.

"Wait, there's a killer?" I ask. They nod. "Is he one of you?" I ask. They all smile. "Of course not." Betty says. "But, he's in Riverdale?" "Yeah." Jug replies.

While me and Jughead were walking home, I asked, "When are we starting Riverdale School?" "Tomorrow." He replies.

I felt butterflies in my stomach. But, I didn't feel the, when I went to Southside a School.

"Jughead?" I ask. "Yeah?" "Who's the killer?" I ask. "I have no idea." He replies.