32. VACATION PLANS

Jughead Jones

There was one more week and a couple of days until the schools opened again. It was currently December twenty-sixth. Right as I was typing another chapter of 'In Cold Blood',  I received a call. "Hey, Betts. What's up?" I ask my girlfriend.

"Hey, Jug," She says. "Meet me at Pop's?" She asks. "Sure thing. I'll be there in twenty." I say and hang up. I grab my Serpent jacket and slide into it.

"JB!" I call. Jellybean walks out of her room. "What?" She yawns. "I have to drop you off at the Whyte Wyrm. Toni and Sweet Pea will be there to watch you." I tell her as she puts on her Serpent jacket and a beanie hat.

We walk outside and into the car. She sits in the backseat while I get in the driver's side.

"Why can't I sit in the front yet?" Jellybean asked as I pulled out of the trailer park.

"Because you are 4 foot eight. And that's small for your age." I tell her.

"How tall is Toni?" She asks. I crack a grin. "Not tall. At all." I tell her. She laughs, which makes me smile wider.

"I'll be back in about two hours." I tell JB. She nods and I leave her there sitting next to Toni.

When I arrive at Pop's, I see Betty, Archie, and Veronica sitting in a booth.

"Hey guys." I say, sitting next to Veronica so I was across from Betty.

"So," Veronica starts. "Since your dad...you know, passed...I was wondering if you wanted to go to my cabin for the weekend. Hot tub, fire pit, marshmallows, heat. Betty and Archie are going."

I think for a moment. "It'll be fun, Juggie." Betty says.

I sigh. "Alright. I'm in."

Jellybean Jones

"Where's Cheryl?" I ask Toni. "At home." She says. "Do you guys kiss?" I ask. She laughs. "Maybe."

"Do you live together?" I ask. "That's a good i—" She got cut off by somebody shouting, "Hey, Jones!"

I felt something hard hit my back. I knew at that instant it wasn't Sweet Pea it Fangs.

I turn around, recognizing that sick voice. I see Avia and Tylenol, dressed in Serpent jackets and everything.

People started talking more quieter. "What the hell are you doing here?" I ask her.

"We are Serpents." Tylenol says. "You know what, Tylenol. Maybe you should drink some Tylenol so you can overdose and die." I tell her.

"Ooh." Some people say. "Just like your father did?" She asks back.

I freeze and my heart skips a beat. I clench my fist, letting my nails sink into my skin.

"I think maybe she deserves a good punch." Avía said. Tylenol nodded and Avia walked up to my face.

I closed my eyes and almost bit my tongue when I felt all her weight hit my face. I felt warm blood trickling down my head.

"Fight back!" She yelled.

"No," I say. Everybody fell silent. "I won't. Serpents don't hurt other Serpents. You'd know that if you weren't fake." I snap and turn around.

Toni gasped. "Is it bad?" I wince. "Tall Boy, get them out!" Toni yelled while leading me to the bathroom.

After wiping the cut, I winced as she cleaned it with something.

I looked in the mirror and sighed. A black eye and cut below my eyelid. Jughead's gonna be sooo happy.

• • •

"She what?" Jughead yelled, outraged. "I'm sorry!" I yell back.

Tears fell down my cheeks. "No, no, no. Shh, it's not your fault." He said, putting both his arms on my shoulders.

"B-b-but, you're m-mad at me..me." I whisper. "No, I'm not. I'm upset that Tall Boy let them join the Serpents." He says.

"He didn't," Toni told us. "They brought those jackets. That's what Tall Boy told me."

"How would you know that. I bet you can't even see Tall Boy, you're so small." Sweet Pea says.

Toni sends him a death glare. "Do not underestimate small people." I warn him. "She's right." Toni says.

I yawn again. "Well, we'll see you guys tomorrow." Jughead says. Toni waves and we get back into the car.

• • •

     "Wait, Jughead. What do you mean we are seeing them tomorrow?" I ask as we drive home.

     "Oh, um, im going away for the weekend with Archie. Betty, and Veronica. But don't worry, I'll be back Sunday night." He said.

     "Oh," I look down. "Who am I staying with?"

      "You're going to sleep at Toni's."

      "Will Cheryl be there?"

     "Maybe."

     "How tall is Toni?" I ask.

     "Small."

"But then she can't reach anything." I complain.

"That's why Sweet Pea will be there. And Fangs." He said.

     "Wait. I'm not actually going to Toni's, right?" I ask. Jug sighs as he pulls up to our house.

     He turns around and looks me in the eye. "Well, I thought that maybe since I'm going away for the weekend, you could too," He starts. "Toni and them rented out a hotel in Greendale with five rooms. They all chipped in to give you a glorious weekend." He smiles.

     "Thanks so much, Juggie! I'm so excited! When do we leave?" I ask.

"Tomorrow."