35. HOSTAGE

Toni Topaz

"I don't know, Jughead! She disappeared when we were sleeping!" I shouted into the phone.

"You should've stayed up, then! Tie her or lock her doors and windows—"

"Jughead, that's something a kidnapper would do." I yell.

"I'm coming over. And Jellybean better be there when I arrive." He warned.

"What're you gonna do if she's not?" I ask. "I'll remove you from the Serpents." He said. My heart pounded as he hung up. He just had to become Serpent King.

"So?" Fangs asked as I walked into the living room.

"He's coming over," I say. "And he'll remove me, or all of us, from the Serpents if Jellybean isn't here. He's gonna be here in two minutes. He probably left yesterday." I say.

"How the hell are we supposed to find her in two freaking minutes." Sweet Pea asked.

"I don't know, Mr. Anger Issues." I snap back. "Don't call me that. You gay retard."

"I'm gonna kill you in your sleep. So stop." I warn. "You're so small you won't even be able to reach the knife on the counter." He laughs.

"Who said I was gonna use a knife—" Fangs cut us off. "Guys, if you idiots realized, we're all getting removed from the Serpents." Fangs said.

"Yeah," Sweet Pea approached me. "Because of that little psycho midget."

"Shut the hell up for once, Jack and the Beanstalk." I say.

There was a knock on the door. It was kicked open.

"Where is she?" Jughead asked, a little calmer then he sounded on the phone.

"Topaz told you that she ran away." Sweet Pea said.

"I know. You were supposed to get her!" Jughead yelled.

"Relax Jones. We'll find—" he cut me off and pushed me against the wall, leaning over me. "Relax," he yelled. "Do not tell me to Relax, Topaz!" As he was about to say something, Sweet Pea pushes me away from Jughead.

"We're gonna find her, dude." Fangs says. "You better." Jughead glared at me.

"Toni, you search the woods around here," Jughead says. I nod. "Oh, wait. You wouldn't be able to see her if she's up in a tree with those short legs. Sweet Pea go with her."

Fangs laughed at me and I glared at Jughead.

Sweet Pea and I ran outside and into the woods. If this Jones girl is lost, there are many enemies who could've taken her in.

Jellybean Jones

I kept running. My legs ache. My stomach aches. Everything aches.

It was now daytime, which helped with running. I crossed an empty train track and a few streets.

Then, I crossed another grassland to find a garbage area. I heard a fire cackling and people talking.

As I examined it through an old worn out gate, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I jumped.

And then I felt a sharp, horrible pain in my neck. Drowsiness took over me and I dropped to the ground, asleep.

• • •

When I woke up, my hands were tied behind my back. I was in a familiar area that I've seen before, but at the same time I haven't seen before.

There was a fire a few feet away, and it was nighttime.

I heard talking and footsteps nearing me. "It's Jones' baby sister." Someone said in a sickening sweet-not so sweet-voice.

A lady with dirty blonde hair and bangs, along with blue eyes and dirty skin crouched in front of me.

"Answer these questions, little girl, and we won't hurt you," She said, bringing a cold knife up to my arm. "Yet."